Bubble Bars - molds

Cami

I saw a great bubble bar type molded into a muffin on the internet... Does anyone know where you can possibly get a top muffin mold that looks like this.. I have no idea how you can make it look this good, when I made some last night they were not this great....

Does any one know where to get this kind of a mold, and how are you molding your bubble bars???? Any luck.

Thansk for your help.. Cami

bath_muffins.jpg

Gosh, I can actually make mine look like that. LOL...seriously!

I think you can do that with Jools Bath Mallows. (I believe that's what it is)

I did it in muffin pans & it expands just like that. I would think if you molded that, it would crumble just trying to take it out of the silicone mold.

Thanks Lindsay...

I checked out that recipe and it did say it might marshmello if it set up before it was all mixed in... Can you give me some feed back on what is in your recipe and how quick you mix your batch up.. Do you allow it to stand a while and then it expands??? I am also wondering why they are using the polysorbate in the recipe... is it really greasy???

My batch turned out pretty wimpy last night.. I poured mine into just the cupcake wraps, and they went no where.... no expansion.. I used the recipe from PV Soap....

Thanks for your help...

Here's the recipe I used from the dish. It looks like someone tried polysorb, but that was as a sub for tro. I know mine expanded because of the heat of my cocoa butter. I would experiment with that. Mixing it in at different temps, letting it grow a bit before shobing it into the freezer?

20g/20% cocoa butter

30g/30% bicarb

10g/10% citric

30g/30% slsa

10g/10% tro

colour and fragrance

i mixed the bicarb, slsa and tro. it became dough like. added the citric, colour and fragrance, and squished it all together by hand. then i added the melted cocoa butter. the cb was hot, so i used a spoon to mix it in. then glopped it into a mould.

you need to make sure you pack it into the mould hard, otherwise you might get bits break off.

this amount made one 100g melt.

EDIT

I'm going to have to reformulate these now, as the CIR Expert Review Panel have recently re-evaluated the safety of SLSA and now the safe use level is up to 21%.

--------------------

Jools