Essential Oils for Soy and Palm

also have to make sure that the EOs you get are not cut with anything like alcohol. Some places that sell their oils at cheaper prices do so because they way cut the oils so you just have to check.

I have actually called some of these places that sell the EO candles that seem to smell so strong and have found them to really be playing on words when asked about scenting. When I have asked if the scent is 100% EOs the answer I get is usually something like....'well the EOs that we use are 100%'....they just won't say if the "whole" scent comes from EOs or not, only that when they use EOs in candles they are using uncut EOs.....

I never believe anything a manufacturer says about their products.

also have to make sure that the EOs you get are not cut with anything like alcohol. Some places that sell their oils at cheaper prices do so because they way cut the oils so you just have to check.

I have actually called some of these places that sell the EO candles that seem to smell so strong and have found them to really be playing on words when asked about scenting. When I have asked if the scent is 100% EOs the answer I get is usually something like....'well the EOs that we use are 100%'....they just won't say if the "whole" scent comes from EOs or not, only that when they use EOs in candles they are using uncut EOs.....

I never believe anything a manufacturer says about their products.

Hi Rebecca,

Yes that happens a lot with manufacturers with other things like soap as well. They market their bar as 'natural soap containing pure essentail oils' which leads the consumer to think it is fragranced with 100% natural EO's when in reality it is probably 99% FO and 1% EO. Nothing wrong with using FO's incidentally, as long as that is what you market your product as.

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

yep it's all in the marketing...for me the only time I worry about FO v. EO in the product is if I am looking for something for my son's eczema. It's the companies advertising that gets me. And the health food stores that sell this stuff don't have a clue.

I never really noticed that they did that till I started making my own and got familiar with ingredients...then you start to read their ingredients and it's just like....chemical....chemical....

Just makes ya wonder how they get away with it......some of these companies are just flat out lying.....

....there is defiantly no truth in advertasing.....as far as many of these companies go....:tongue2:

Hi gang,

What wonderful info shared here. I'm so appreciative!

I just caled FPI and requested some EO samples. They told me that I could select up to 10 oils and would recieve a drop or two of the more expensive ones and about 1/3 oz other others. She said it take 1-2 weeks for shipment.

I can hardly wait!