Help - need ideas to use Gemlite fo - yuk!

elleah

I have a lb each of chocolate and cocoa and YUK :tongue2:. I've had several people smell them and the same reaction! Does anyone have these oils and any suggestions for mixing. I've mixed them with almond and its ok - the almond is strong enough to cover the 'yuk' smell but not really sure i like the outcome :undecided thanks

When I have a fo that I don't care for, I usually try to mix it with another scent and make smelly jellys.

You can always use orange, strawberry, banana, cherry, peppermint . . . there's a lot of scents that go with chocolate. I think mocha is chocolate and coffee.

Almond seems like a good choice. If you add coconut to the almond & chocolate, you'll have Almond Joy. Maybe mixing it with 2 other scents would really cut down on the yuck!

HTH

I have never used chocolate fo, so I'm not speaking from experience--just imagination, so consider yourself warned!

What I'm wondering is if you can use a dash here and there so that it will peak someone's curiosity when they smell whatever it is you're making. Havent' you sniffed a perfume or whatever and thought--what is that smell? I know it's something I've smelled before, but I don't know what it is.

Of course, it will require experimenting on your part, but why not add a drop on a cotton ball, and then add two or three drops of another fragrance oil you already have just to see how it turns out.

I thought maybe it would work with pumpkin or honey. Then I thought, why not go for the more unusual, like sandalwood, or lavender just for kicks.

I frequently mix lemon fo to various other fo's and am always surprised that I like the outcome.

I have a lb each of chocolate and cocoa and YUK :tongue2:. I've had several people smell them and the same reaction! Does anyone have these oils and any suggestions for mixing. I've mixed them with almond and its ok - the almond is strong enough to cover the 'yuk' smell but not really sure i like the outcome :undecided thanks

I have both of those and have used them straight and mixed. Are you "yucking" to OOB or in wax? I have many customers who love it as it is (in wax). I have also mixed with Cherry, Strawberry, Pecan, Vanilla, Peppermint, Hazelnut ....... anything "sweet" tends to cut the edge off of them. hth ;)

jenniejr - you are right... I'm "yucking" OOB. I'll have to go ahead and try it. I've just never run across a fo that doesn't smell anything like what it's supposed to. I am a newbie though so i guess that doesn't mean much.

I just love this forum and thanks to all that replied, I will give your suggestions a try. Love the idea to mix just a little to give the fragrance a little "humm, what is that" !:wink2: