Anyone useing the 6006?

I have been useing J 223 and was thinking about trying soy, but I so love my 223! I was thinking of trying 6006 but have a couple questions. Do you have to let it cure like other soy waxes even though its a blend? If so, how long? What the best temp to add FO, and whats the best pour temp? From reading some other posts, it looks like people are having to wick up on this wax. Any suggestions for a 16 oz. jelly? This wax is supposed to be a "one pour". How would you rate the overall performance of this wax, including scent throw? TIA everyone! :D

I use the 6006, and wick a 16 with 51-32-18. I usually let mine sit about 24-36 hours before testing, but that's about it. I've burned them sooner and had no real issues with throw. I love the 6006 for it's hot throw, the cold throw isn't too bad either. With anything, it depends on the FO you use. I pour at about 160 and throw in the FO just before I pour. I find that it's pretty much a one pour if you don't pour too hot. I heat my glass in the oven on Warm (150) before I pour too. Takes color very well.

My customers love my candles (so do I) so I guess that says it all...

Good luck & HTH.

Great! This is sounding good, LOL! I think I will order a sample and try it out. Are you doing good with 1 oz. FO per pound? It says up to 1.5 oz. FO per lb. Also, have any of you tried the votive version of this, the 6028? Im thinking about trying it too for some tarts and votives.

6006 is an awesome wax, I have been using this for over a year and I love it, I am in the process of switching to 100% wax versus the blend...but so far still nothing has compared to the 6006 IMO. It is a one our wax only time I see necessary for 2nd pour is in 16oz. Mason seems to seperate from the wick just a bit but a heat gun across the top will actually take care of it. Holds scent and color very well, I have not had any scent that has not thrown for me in this wax...hot or cold. Its really soft so sometimes messy to work with..but worth it the results are great. I pour anywhere from 155-170 I have found it to be an extremely easy wax to work with. HTH Good Luck!

In my 6 oz tins, I mainly use CD8, 10 or if heavy FO, use Performa 100 or 120. I do use some zincs when I am double wicking an 11 oz tureen. Performa 90 or 95's also work in double wicking. I have used 6006 for 2 1/2 yrs because it does not rust in tins with vanilla FO's. I find that 223 and 6006 are almost identical in wicking. I use both waxes depending on FO.

I love my 6006!

I use cotton core wicks. I use the 6oz Hex jars and the 16oz apothecaries. I use the same wick(just two in the 16oz). I get great hot throw with this wax. No cure time necessary..although the cold throw gets amazing with about 2 weeks cure time. Hot throw immediately.

I do not heat my jars, but find if I put them back into the box after pouring it elevates the need to repour..just a little once over with the heat gun and its good to go! The tins and 16oz rarely need repours..I only need repours on the hex because I pour into the neck just a tad..I think they look empty if I dont!

I pour at 160-165 and add FO right before the pour too!

Good luck!