Farmhouse Sale...oh, no...Honeydew Melon...!

Sharon in PA

I just checked Sherri's sale ad, she's got the Honeydew Melon on sale! I should really stock up, this oil's so good you almost want to drink it! A VERY realistic throw! Had 2 orders for candles in before I even rec'd my lb, I am probably gonna run out...

She also has Honeysuckle on sale, I don't like carrying too many florals, but this is one I've had lots of requests for, has anyone tried hers?

Thanks!

:cool2: Gaye. Let me know if one of them is Honeysuckle, I have a feeling it's gonna be a good scent to have this year. Folks keep asking about it and I just read that Michi is selling lots of it in a fund raiser right now...Sherri has one, she said it sells well for her in her candles....

Sharon, You are right....the honeydew is wonderful. Throws really well. My other lb. was Mulberry Twist. Have not poured that one yet.

I want to try the Honeysuckle and St. Shortcake next. Thanks for the word on the honeydew.

Gaye~ So glad you liked the Honeydew! We are loving it!

I have poured the Strawberry Shortcake (last season) and it was VERY good. A nice sweet true strawberry w/ a nice touch of bakery.

I am going to be ordering again later this week (LOL, need a paycheck first!) I'll be getting her French Vanilla, and prolly a sample of her Honeysuckle and Lemon Meringue Pie.

Keep me posted as to how you're making out!:grin2:

Sharon, I will keep you posted. I poured the Mulberry Twist tonight and it seems to be a lighter Mulberry, will let it cure for a while. At least, it could be used as a mixer. Wonder how the Mango is? Will wait for your report on the honeysuckle. Thanks!

Sharon, I use J-223 sometimes, and for the Honeydew...I use a soy/J-223 blend. Get more throw from the blend and I like cleaner burn.

As for wicks. I normally use the CD's. In a jelly jar 10's,12's,(14's for harder to wick ones). I like the burn. For some of my bakery things that are molded I use the LX 20's. I have tried the LX in the jelly jars and keepsake jars, but still need to test them.

For example...I tested the Honeydew in a soy blend in a little ridged votive from Michaels and it took a CD-10...the 8 burned out. What are you using?

Gaye,

We use a 50/50 blend that I get from Candles and Supplies here in PA. It is manufactured by CJ Robinson, and I really like ie. We used to also mix the 50/50 w/ J223, like, 2/3 J223, to 1/3 50/50, but to be honest, I am getting much better results all the way around by sticking w/ the straight 50/50, no J223. I got sick of mixing it up like that, and honestly, we are getting a much better throw now, plus, a nice clean burn.

I also use CD's. CD 8's for straight 8oz JJ's (which we are phasing out) and CD 10's for wide mouth 8's and 16's. Folks just like the wide mouth jar better.

I still find that some oils need a bit of a cure time. For instance, ICS Raspberry Lemonade. I read raves about it, poured it, but couldn't get a throw for AWHILE, like well over a week! But, Man oh Man, when it did throw, it was delicious, so I ordered it!

I do believe some FO's mixed w/ certain waxes need a cure time, some don't. I don't know why, I always test for throw less than 24' after I pour, but, I won't discount an oil untill I've let it sit awhile, and give it another chance.

Sometimes it is a VERY pleasant surprise!:grin2:

Sharon, I will have to give that wax a try. I'm in Atlanta, and hate the shipping charges though. I'm orignally from Beaver Falls, Pa. Been in Atlanta for the last 24 years. But, I sure do miss the snow (some of it) and Pittsburgh and all the good ethnic food. Have a class reunion coming up there this year.

I wanted to try ICS Raspberry Lemonade, thanks for the review. Have you tried any of her fresh picked strawberries?

Gaye, Actually we had great success w/ ICS Fresh Picked Strawberries. It threw right away for us, which was weird cause we detected a weak cold throw initially, and my heart sank...but WOW! It sure perked right up quickly. Maybe I shouldn't test our stuff as quickly as I do, but I hate to wait!:D

Farmhouse Straw. Shortcake is awesome too!!

The 1275 from C&S is a good wax, we never need a re-pour and we have been pouring into pretty cold containers. The most we might get that really doesn't bother me much is SOME frosting...sometimes, w/ the cold containers.

P.S. I hate PA winters! and this has been a weird one! Mostly mild, but soooo changable!