cphp help needed quick...

latch

as i am typing i have a batch of soap in the cp, this is my 2nd try..

well just how long is this supposed to take, i think i did something wrong..

its been 2 hrs and its never changed.. it never rose like they say it supposed to.. should i keep cooking or do you think i messed up.. it seems i may hve put too much water. is there anything i can do to salvage it.. heres my recipe.. its a castille i think

32 oz olive oil

3 oz castor

4.5 oz lye

12 oz water

one thing i did was only had 31 oz of olive oil, so i did 31 oz oo and 4 oz castor... dont know if that would hve did anything.

should i be using the stick blender to stir??

Your numbers look fine. You should have been blending with the stick blender from the start. When it turns opaque and starts to trace, put the lid on. Should be less than 1 hour start to finish. You should see all the bubbling, then vaseline like appearence, etc.

e

i just finished it. maybe i missed something, it never looked whipped like the tutorial, but it did rise and look like applesauce. so i just finished it. its setting up like it will work. it sure has an ugly texture. i know its not as smooth cp, but i wonder if not using the stick blender make it not as smooth, i did stir it with a spatula throughout though. is there a trick to making these smoother and prettier?

it sure has an ugly texture. i know its not as smooth cp,

I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to look. Does it look like clumpy vaseline? That's CPHP for ya. You can't really make it any smoother. It's just the nature of the beast. Glop it into your mold, bang the mold on the counter to get some air out, and glop more soap on top. You can put some plastic wrap on top and use a pot holder to press the hot soap into the mold. The firmer you pack it, the smoother it'll be.

I found that my cphp never looked all fluffy like the tutorial on here.

When I cphp, I use the stick blender until trace and then put the lid on and cook away. I don't always see all the stages all the time...does that make sense??

Anyway, using the stick blender just helps it to come to trace faster. CPHP soap has sort of a rougher texture. I, personally, don't mind the rough look but I know some do. Once I get it plopped into my molds (individual mini loaf pans) and bang the mold on the counter, the bottom (which is the top of unmolded bar) it's pretty smooth (but, again, not as smooth as CP..but smooth enough for it being HP)..just the bottom (top while in mold) is pretty rough looking. Again, I don't mind that but sometimes will cut the rough bottom off.

Now I haven't soaped in a loooong time...and all this soap talk is making me want to soap...just need to go get some supplies to do so.:)