Darkened wax after burning!

Been testing some FOs and in two of them, the melt pool wax turned dark. When they cooled, the wax was a deep grey greenish color. Testing in 100% soy, jelly jars, 8%, HTPs. Any thoughts? I ran this past the vendor and they had never seen it. Anyone else had this issue? And what did you do? Also, no color or other additives. Thanks!~JTX

I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm using C-3 and I was testing out a premier wick. I've never experienced this before but the top of mine is exactly what you are describing a greyish green color. The rest of the candle is white. I used Citrus & Teak FO from AAA Candle Supply. Don't have a clue of what caused it.

This is just a guess...And I have had it happen when I was testing parafin...It could be the wax getting so hot from the wick Basically messing up the Fo..soo Kinda like burning the wax..Or scorching.. I don't use htp wicks..can u drop a size smaller? And see if that makes a difference? It just sounds like and from what I remember seeing in my own experimenting...that that layer of wax/scent is getting to hot..another test u could try is doing the same thing and changing the scent to a different type of scent..so if u tested a floral or fruit test a heavier scent..Like a vanilla based one and see what it does..

HTH a bit.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm using C-3 and I was testing out a premier wick. I've never experienced this before but the top of mine is exactly what you are describing a greyish green color. The rest of the candle is white. I used Citrus & Teak FO from AAA Candle Supply. Don't have a clue of what caused it.

That scent turned the wax gray after burning for me too (but from JBN), love the scent but that funky color made me not want to carry it. Also Seaspray Jasmine from TSB and I think nag champa did that too.