C-3 Users

Just with my playing around with J50, BW and GW415, you will get better cold throw with adding BW, and possibly better hot throw also, but you could probably pour hotter and get smoother tops with the J50. I have found that the J50 does not increase the hot throw, and in some cases reduces cold throw. However, you can pour much hotter and it sets up beautifully, and sets up better after a burn.

In one test I had, I used 10% J50 in GW415 soy and the hot throw was comparable to GW415 with 3% BW, but the cold throw was not as good.

Let us know how your experimenting goes!

geek

I am reletively new to candlemaking. I started a couple of months ago with the intention of making a few candles for friends and family for Christmas, RIGHT, lol...I have quickly become addicted. The wax I chose was C3. I don't add anything to it, but am not very happy with the scent throw. I am going to start testing some other waxes. Hopefully I get better throw.

I like the wax in the fact that I can get it locally and don't have to pay shipping. That's a big plus. What I don't like about it alone is that alien brain look after burning. I want a nice smooth top like you get with J223. I don't have any 100% soy wax (that I can remember) so I will start testing it with some beeswax to see if i like it better that way.

I don't color any of my candles either. They are just the natural waxes and whatever the FO lends to it.

I have been playing with HTP wicks. Do they work well with this type of wax or would i be better off with a different wick?