Cardboard Air Freshners

Tara

Just playing around and thought I would share Boots are scented in Leather

Left boot was done by applying waterbased B&B dye then painting FO on. Right boot was done by adding liquid candle dye in with the FO then brushing on Not sure which I like better The middle one was done by doing a heat transfer then painting FO on

post-100-139458376628_thumb.jpg

post-100-13945837663_thumb.jpg

Guest EMercier

What did you use for your name? I've wanted to do something like that and wanted to use a rubber stamp? Where they professionally done for you?

What did you use for your name? I've wanted to do something like that and wanted to use a rubber stamp? Where they professionally done for you?

Wow, thank you I guess I will take that as a compliment. :P I did them myself with heat transfer paper. Very easy to do Hard part was getting the sizing right.

Guest EMercier

So how does the heat transfer paper work for you? Does the FO mess up the ink? I will go to Walmart and get some if this works. Does it peel? I think that would be cheaper than a custom rubber stamp, but then again I can use my stamp on my kraft bags.

No the ink didn't smear for me. I ironed on the heat transfer paper then painted on the FO with a small paint brush and let it dry. I even painted over the image and didn't get smearing. Keep in mind I have one of those Epson printers with the waterproof ink and I don't know if that's why it didn't smear but it's worth a try with a regular printer and heat transfer paper.Let me know how you make out. :)

• 3 months later...