Question: Inexpensive Wax

Hello all! I have been making candles on and off for a couple years - mostly just with the wax you get at Michael's or Hobby Lobby - but lately I've really gotten interested in it and want to start making more, better candles. However, I'm a student, which = not too much money. So I was wondering: Where do you find is the best place that doesn't charge too much to buy wax - especially for pillar candles? And where do you find is the best for other candle supplies? Oh - also, what would items would you suggest ( I have a presto, some molds, FOs, and a pouring pot) to get started - well, on a slightly larger scale?

The best thing for you to do is shop around...Do a price comparison onthe wax you want to use, and the same for the supplies. Sometimes companies will get you on the shipping charges.

Just last night I was looking for Dipping Vats, I found some at what I thought was a decent price, then I looked at another couple of sites and got them $10 cheaper than what I thought was a good price...so it definitely pay's to shop around...

check out:

Peaks (these guys have great prices also)

pourette (this is where i got the dipping vats cheap)

Candlewic (i like this one too)

and this site who gives you suppliers by state:

http://www.candleandsoapstuff.com/Suppliers_by_State.html