CPHP Questions

gloworm

Did my first four batches CPHP this week end. Not too unhappy with them. A little soft, hoping they will harden with cure time. I poured in individual bar molds and they unmolded pretty nicely but the backs af the bars are quite rough. I cleaned them up some. Anyone who does this kind of soap-do you leave the backs rough or shave them off smooth? Do customers really prefer one or the other? Will really be a lot of scraps and smaller bars to smooth the backs. Made Fisherman's soap(really like that one),Lavendar Rose, Maple Sugared Sweet Potato(with Sweet Potato Juice), and Nantucket Briar(smells so good).

Glo

Hi glo! I do alot of CPHP and I leave the rough tops; sides or backs as they are. My customers have never said anything about not liking it that way. I even have some that prefer them like that. I think it gives them "character"! :D

Sounds like they all will smell really good. I would LOVE to smell the Maple Sugared Sweet Potato! (hint....hint) ;)

Let us know how well they hardened up. Would love to see pics!

btw: where in PA are you?

Hi,

We're in SW Pa. About 60 Miles N of Pittsburgh. Do you find your bars softer than CP? I even used Sodium Lactate. Had a bit of Fo leakage in the Nantucket Briar. Hope it soaks back in. Must not have gotten that one mixed good enough. The S. Potato is going to smell good I think.

I tried to post pics before and I guess my camera files are too big or something. Another nice poster reduced them for me(I don't know how).