I Have Soap!

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I'm so happy. After a failed attempt with the crock (might try later), I went with Robin's technique. Very easy for me. I just did a basic recipe with sweet almond oil, soybean and olive oil. That's it. It's what I had to practice with. I also got my stick blender and might I say it works very well for me. I almost quit. I'm glad I didn't. This is my third attempt. Three times the charm! I tried to swirl, but it came out speckled, but I think I need to leave the liquid dye alone. I'm just so happy it worked. I also used individual molds until I can get to Home Depot or Lowes to build my own. Here are my pictures.

Now, just have to wait for it to cure.

post-441-13945839022_thumb.jpg

post-441-139458390222_thumb.jpg

Now, just have to wait for it to cure.

Yeah, that's the hard part! :grin2: Isn't it great to end up with a batch you know is soap! It's like alchemy to me. You will just get better and better at it! Did you scent it?

I have a hard time seeing your pics, maybe it's just my display. :undecided

Happy Soaping!!

Guest EMercier

No I didn't scent it. It smells like the soap you get from the hotels. Quite pleasant! I am very happy with myself. I lie to you not, I was going to quit and stick with M & P. :D

It looks a lot like your liquid dye might have been waterbased, and therefore, it wouldn't mix with the oils.

Put a little bit of oil in a cup, and add a drop of your dye. If the dye beads up & refuses to mix, then you'll know it's water based. If it is, you'll need to mix it to your lye water so your soap won't be speckled.

Guest EMercier
Great first attempt! I think they look cool speckled!!!!:D

OH NO, this is not my first attempt. This was my third. I think I put that in the beginning. If not, then yea it's my third. So I say that's the charm. It does look neat in person with the specks. I might try to natural colorants though. I'm really itching to make some with cocoa powder and maybe swirling.