Peanut oil recipe?

donna4909

What kind of soap does peanut oil make? I'd like to make an experimental batch with peanut, but I don't want to waste my time if it makes a soft or slimey soap...

My recipe would be:

9.6 oz Water

4.6 oz Lye

12 oz Lard

6 oz Coconut Oil

6.5 oz Peanut Oil

8.6 oz Olive Oil

0.4 oz Stearic Acid

Due to the high amount of people that have allergies to peanuts I would never want to risk using that in a soap recipe or any recipe for that matter. Keep in mind that anything else you make in the same area, even if it doesn't have peanut oil in it has to have that listed on the label.

The soap calc has the properties of this oil in it, so you could look there to see what qualities it adds to the finish bar.

Due to the high amount of people that have allergies to peanuts I would never want to risk using that in a soap recipe or any recipe for that matter. Keep in mind that anything else you make in the same area, even if it doesn't have peanut oil in it has to have that listed on the label.

The soap calc has the properties of this oil in it, so you could look there to see what qualities it adds to the finish bar.

That's why I have never tried it too.

This would be for me and my family only, and none of us have peanut allergies. I heard it made a great lather, so I guess I'll just try it out.

I don't sell any of my soap, but I'll use different utensils with this batch, just in case. Don't want any leftover peanut oil causing problems.