Palm Kernel Oil & Palm Kernel Flakes the same thing? Same results? Help!

Faithsoapandlove

Sorry if this question has already been answered, this is my first time on these forums.

I have a cold process soap recipe that is calling for 8 oz of Palm Kernel Oil, but I can't find much of that for sale, and some say the flakes work just as well (which I have). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with both and know the difference it will make on the final product?

Also, if it calls for 8 oz, how does that translate to flakes? Not sure how much to use...

Any help would be great! I'm very nervous about making a mistake, since this is my first experience with soap making.:embarasse

Thank you in advanced!!

Welcome, Faithsoapandlove! I just posted an answer to your question in the other thread started by jaybyrd, but I'll post one here, too. I've used both the Palm Kernel Oil and the Palm Kernel Oil Flakes, and can assure you that they are same, only the latter form just happens to be grated up/flaked for your convenience. :) Use them interchangeably, weight for weight.

Edited by MarieJeanette

Welcome, Faithsoapandlove! I just posted an answer to your question in the other thread started by jaybyrd, but I'll post one here, too. I've used both the Palm Kernel Oil and the Palm Kernel Oil Flakes, and can assure you that they are same, only the latter form just happens to be grated up/flaked for your convenience. :) Use them interchangeably, weight for weight.

Thank you so much! :D It's so appreciated! I will most likely have more questions as I learn the soap world, but it's nice to know this forum is here! :):cheesy2: