Turk N Surf Melters....

lindsaycb

Okay, so I got one...but it must be last years model..BUMMER, it doesn't have a drain spout.

SO, my question i...how do I go about adding one to two layers of this contraption. There's an aluminum liner that sides in the big outer shell, then you put the heating element inside that.

I'm assuming if we put a spigot in through both layers, it may leak through inbetween the to pots?

Any help? Ideas

That must have been the model that I saw last year. When I first spotted the Turk n Surf then and thought that it might be a great I idea until I discovered that little problem!!! I didn't think much about them anymore until I saw some posts on them about a month ago. I just bought mine last week at Gander Mountain and it does have the spout. It works great!!!

You might be able to modify yours, but I would not put it through both layers. You could set it up much like the new model....put a larger hole through the outer layer so that the entire spout goes through and just attach the spout to the innner aluminum liner pot. That way you can take out the aluminum pot if need be and it would be easier to seal just one layer vs. two. Look at the newer model to better understand what I am saying...pictures speak a thousand words!!! Or just relist it on Ebay...that is probably much safer!!!