Woo Hoo!!!

Mitch23

:bliss:

I got my first batch of CPHP under my belt now! Just waiting to see if the experience was a good one. Got a little worried because mine strayed away from the tute in some spots, but as soon as I put it in the mold, I came and checked but saw I'm not the only one that happened to.

How long will it take for me to know if it's good or not? Seems like it's getting a little ash in the middle where it's not covered too close, or it could possibly be that that is where it's cooling. I dunno...

I tried playing with some of the left over stuff in the pot. After I finished I thought I had better wash my hands, just in case. Well, before I could put any soap I had bubbles! Rinsed, dried, and tried again with a little chunk. Yup, definately got some soap (even though I don't know how good it'll be). Now, it's not super bubbly, but I'm just chunked at it!*getdown*

If you want to try this, but are scared because of the lye... go for it. Be careful, but go for it! I can't believe I let that stuff keep me from doing this for so long...

Hmmm, now what oils do I want to try next...

Mitch

post-1660-13945838965_thumb.jpg

Hmm, mine never looks like that. How long did you cook it?

Mine always looks like yours does in the middle, except it's all the soap that looks like that, not just the middle on mine. Mine is semi white by the time it gets to the mold. Maybe I am cooking too long?

Did you do the tongue test on it?

Mine always looks like that, and after it cools it turns white, sooooo my guess is that for some reason that spot is cooling faster? I usually stick mine in the freezer for a while to quit the cooking because I KNOW i cook it long enough as it is! but from what I can tell yours has turned out! I couldn't follow the tutorials very closely because my soap looked completely different from the entire tutorials.........I don't have titanium dioxide so it seemed like I was doing something wrong but I'm pretty sure I've gotten it all down! It isn't so difficult is it?

I'm not exactly sure how long I cooked it. I started everything at around 4:30 yesterday, and that was taken about half an hour after I boxed it up at around 8:30 or so. Now not all that time was cooking it, it also includes measuring everything out, and lining the box (which I WILL find an easier way!).

The tongue test? Well, it tastes like a nasty soap. Nothing I'd want to wash my kids mouth out with if I needed to. Smells wonderful though.

The white spot is where it was cooling faster. I didn't leave enough on the sides to completely cover it up. Thought I did, but ... I think the color of the rest of it is from the scent I put in. At least, that's when it showed up. the clear brownish orange color. Figured if I messed up my first batch I'd mess it up good. If it turned out, I'd have plenty time before I had to do it again.

Also found out this morn I didn't need to cover it after I put it in the box. Ahh, well, what's waiting another hour for the middle to cool...

Mitch