What to mix, for Zucchini scent

Sharon in KY

Since I haven't ever smelled zucchini bread I'm wondering if it might smell like something I have. Does zucchini have a smell of it's own or is it the spice that gives the bread/cake it's special scent?

Pumpkin Pie? Gingerbread. Cinnamon bun or Spice cake. Has anyone mixed their own? Thanks

It would be it's own scent. You might get something close mixing Carrot Cake + Pumpkin Cornbread with a little bit of cucumber. Pumpkin would be the closest scent... but it would need something to give it that odd chemically-slanted note that difrentiates it from Zucchini. A few drops of Cucumber or possibly even Valerian would give you that distinct characteristic. i think a few drops of a cucumber FO would be more pleasant. Hope that helps.

There are a number of suppliers that have a Zucchini Bread FO.

Edited by rctfavr3

I agree that it is it's own scent. I used to LOVE it. I got myself burned out on it. I doubt that I will ever make it again.

Amish Friendship Bread smells like it to me. Others may disagree with me but I thought BW's Honey Gingerbread does, too.

It is a VERY popular scent. People love it. Straight and mixed with just about anything you could dream to mix in with it.

Thanks I'll try adding some cucumber, but it sounds yucky. No wonder I never ate the stuff cause I hate cucumbers. I know I can order it but I'm going to close up my business soon and want to use up as much as I can. Though that it might be a good scent for this cold weather.

Amish Friendship Bread smells like it to me. Others may disagree with me but I thought BW's Honey Gingerbread does, too.

It is a VERY popular scent. People love it. Straight and mixed with just about anything you could dream to mix in with it.

I have BW's Honey Gingerbread, maybe add some spice cake with that.

Thanks I'll try adding some cucumber, but it sounds yucky. No wonder I never ate the stuff cause I hate cucumbers. I know I can order it but I'm going to close up my business soon and want to use up as much as I can. Though that it might be a good scent for this cold weather.

Just don't over do it. ~5 drops is all you need per oz.

Edited by rctfavr3

To me, Zucchini Bread smells like feet!! Oh it makes me sick and dread every time I have to repour them...

oddly enough that is what Valerian smells like too which is why I suggested it. Glad I'm not the only one to smell the "feet" note. I always thought Zucchini had a mild wet dog type smell with a bready nuance and pumpkin undertone. I've eaten Zucchini bread and I now know why I it's heavily blended in sugary spices. Pure Zuke is kinda yucky.