Soy wax and liquid dye

Hello,

I have found that some liquid dyes have a very strong fuel smell, while others do not. I was wondering what liquid dyes people have found to work well with soy waxes that don't cause much frosting.

I have heard that liquid dyes can frost in soy more so than color chips. Has anyone found this to be true.

I know soy waxes are different, I am using Ecosoya waxes, but would like all suggestions.

TIA

Danielle

Guest Candelishis

In my experience thus far, the liquid dyes have actually given me LESS frosting than the chips were. I use GB 464 and Peak's liquid dyes. I have noticed a fuel smell in the dye itself, but not when burning the finished candles.

Try the liquid dyes from JBN - advertised as "eco-friendly":

The process used to make our dyes helps ensure that they don't separate from the wax, ensuring complete solubility in your candle wax blend. Our dyes are stronger than most standard liquid dyes and are formulated with eco-friendly ingredients. They have a pleasant, mild scent and compatible with most all waxes including soy, palm, paraffin, natural waxes, gels and blended waxes. Our Dyes do no contain hazardous solvents or additives such as naphtha or naphthalene. Flash point of this coloring is over 300°F. Our dyes are never tested on animals and NO INGREDIENTS are on the California Prop 65 list of cancer causing ingredients.
JBN's do not have an offensive odor at all. I have purchased some from other places and they smell to high heaven! HTH :)

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will try the ones from JBN. I love liquid, but can't stand the smell.

OK, as far as JBN goes....are there any tricks to ordering from them? Like Candle Science where you need to request a sample FO.

Thanks again

Danielle