Top seller FO for Men?

KMommy

Florals are what they will find too girly. Examples are sweet pea and lavender. Anything non-floral (e.g. bakery scents like vanilla or blueberry muffin) is a possibility. And of course there are the masculine scents like Mountain Lake, Midsummer Night, and Black Canyon.

That's funny how what is popular varies by location. Here none of the men like the bakery scents. They usually comment that the item does smell like a true apple pie, carrot cake...but they never buy it if they are in the market for something just for them. One guy sumed it up by saying "Oh that smells just like someone is cooking! You mean people want to burn a candle to smell that all the time?":laugh2: :laugh2: Hadn't thought about it that way!

Thanks for the replies.

Alot of the guys here in Connecticut seem to like men's designer fragrance duplicates or Mandarin Bamboo, Mediterranean Fig, Mountain Lake and Midsummer's Night. Of the men's designer dupes I sell a lot of Burberry Touch, Aqua Di Gio, Curve and Eternity...Oh yeah...and Very Sexy for Men from Victoria Secret. No big bakery type fans in our neck of the woods.

KMOMMY,

I get that from women too.They love the baked scents but say"My family or people will think I am baking". I love the bakery and they do sell but always someone who will think that way.

One year this was all I heard."I like Apple Pie(other food scents) but it will make me hungry.You never know.The fall/holiday time that is what alot of the scents are.Good ones IMO.

LynnS

If cooking smells aren't popular in your area, you might be luckier offering clean, fresh scents. Those types are fairly unisex.

My daughter gave a friend of hers a gift basket (that had a candle in it) for Christmas. The night the girls celebrated their gift giving, an uncle of the friend of my daughter, was at their house. He totally went crazy over the candle and told my daughter he wanted a case in anything "fresh" or "clean" scented.

There are a lot of scents that men like. Just stay away from the florals and watch the names. Some are Ocean, Stormwatch, Cowboy Blues, Eucalyptus, Blackberry Sage, Spiced Cranberry, Amish Harvest, Tall Grass, Jamaica Me Crazy and Sex on the Beach for a few.

I would suggest any of the woods.

Some men like Patchouli

Almost everyone likes Amber.

Sandalwood has been a great seller for the Caswell Massey company that has been popular with men for MANY years as well as Barbershop scents like Bayrum.

Cederwood is good and SOME men like the Pine-Northwood fragrances.

Polls have shown that men like Lavender ( number 1 ) and Pumpkin Pie ( number 2 )....not sure how accurate this is, or who was selected for the research.

The cologne desiger types are always good but I am not so sure that the men like them as much as the ladies;)

I have a couple of scents that I can't keep in...men buying them...

One is that darn Sinus Relief...goon nite, I can't keep the stuff in!

The other is the Ocean scent from Candle Science

...and one other is the Cinnamon....not buns...plain Cinnamon.

By far the Sinus and Ocean are my biggest.

Funny how it differs from each area. Based on the valued comments from Fern from Connecticut, I am starting to introduce some designer scents.

I hope they like them...I am getting pretty tired of Sinus!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't sell yet, but my DH always asks me to make lilac, autumn spice cake, green clover and aloe, and oakmoss. My son loves anything to do with food... fudge brownie, choc. chip cookie, etc. My best friend who is gay, is always requesting Men's dupes and food scents... go figure. We're just a weird bunch here.