J-50 problems

Well I'm busy with the questions tonight.:D However, I had to finish up some J-50 I have and was using 1.5 citrus spice scent, and noticed that i have air pockets when I started to do my wick testing. During the cool down I did the relief holes and I still feel the pockets when I stick a schewer down in it. Problem is its in the middle, how can I fix this. Also, I have the same problem with citrus basel, (8 oz jelly and 9 oz hex. This batch ws wicked and three relief holes around the wick. What should I do???

Are the air pockets just under the surface? If so you could hit the tops with your heat gun to melt it and fill in the pockets. Otherwise how about setting them in the oven set at about 170. Should melt the J50 enough to fill in the air pockets. I haven't had an air pocket problem with the J waxes but I do add 1 tsp of UA pp and cool them very slowly. Don't know if that makes a difference. Good Luck

I use the J50 and get air pockets in the 16 oz mason jar. I do not get them in the 8 oz jelly jars though. I usually melt the tops with the heat gun and then poke around with the skewer and they fill in. I also do the tap tap tap dance with them :bliss: LOL - I tap the side of the jars to get air bubbles to rise. I don't know if this helps at all but if you have some good tunes going you can have some fun with it. :D

What's nice about mine is that I can fit a whole batch (12) of candles in mine at a time. They're over 2.5 inches thick and extremely durable as well as very stackable. I got my thick styro foam coolers from a company that sold chemotherapy and diabetic type drugs to their patients. My partner worked there at the time and she always brought them home.

You could perhaps call your local pharmacies to see if they have any they want to get rid of. I've also seen mail order meats come in them, such as Omaha steaks. You could use those flimsy styro coolers that you can get at 7-11's, but they are so cheap and flimsy, they just don't last. I've had my coolers for over 6 years now. They're a little beaten and wax worn, but they are still usable and will be for many years to come.

Picture is a little small, but they are just like the ones in the picture.

containers.jpg

I use J50,and never had a air pocket.I use 16 oz apoth jars,and the opening is smaller than the jar.After I pour I leave mine on the counter in my workroom.The temp in the the room is around 75 degrees.You could have cause air pockets when you stired,or pour to fast. JMO

Anna