Find at thrift store

I used to make a lot of candles (a lot for me at least) but haven't for the past year. I made some at Christmas due to requests and realized that I really like making candles and missed it.

I was at a local thrift store at lunch and scored a presto pot, brand new, for $5! I snapped that puppy up right away. I've got one already I found at the same thrift store a few years ago but figured 2 wouldn't hurt, huh?!?! Now I just need to print of the instructions on how to put the spigot on and give to my hubby

I just LOVE thrift stores

Think twice before you add that spigot :D I have one with and one without..and never use the spigot on the one any more..and I've heard lots of folks say the same thing. Of course, you won't know unless you try I guess :tongue2:

Edited to add...congrats on the find..I just LOVE good will hunting!

Why don't you like the one with the spigot? I've been contemplating doing mine and was just wondering.

They usually put the new stuff out at certains times, ask the people who work there. If you are there enough you can find out when it comes out. we have one that certain girls do certain thing, one prices kids clothes and puts them out, etc. You just need to find out what days and what girl to find the stuff you want.

I also travel a lot and always check out of town goodwills, salva's, and Vinnies, many towns have a church donation store that sells to the public, they have good stuff too!

I hardly use mine either. First they have to be on a shelf or something high enough to put mixing pot under. Then it's just higher I have to lift the wax to fill. Next I can't tell you how many times I would turn the spout on to fill a pitcher then cause it is so slow, I would start doing something else. Naturally all the wax would spill all over before I would get back to it. I think just scooping out the melted wax into the pitcher is much quicker and cheaper in my case.

In a perfect day, I can hit 2 or three thrift shops. A local town has a "swap shop" at their transfer station (aka dump). Talk about great... and ALL free!!!! And freecycle.org? And paperbackswap.com? My favorite free websites! FREE...FREE! Who has time for the mall?

Our food co-op has a discount outlet... I've been getting 35 lb. jugs of extra virgin ORGANIC olive oil for $35.00... and the same amount of canola for $15. Jugs of fresh goat's milk, bottles of organic carrot juice, local honey that's crystallized... all really cheap.

Isn't it a high when you find something you can really use? And you're keeping these things out of the landfill. It's a win-win!

Congrats of your great find!:yay: