Pillar Boxes

Reese

I'm changing the packaging for my pillars after the first of the year and want to use boxes for my 3x3 3x6 3x9 pillars. I've looked at sunshine container and papermart and not sure what type of box to use. Does anyone else package their pillars in boxes? I've been using cello bags and ribbon but I'm want a more professional look for wholesale customers.

Instead of boxes, which can be pretty pricey.......shrink wrap all your pillars. If you don't already have an impulse sealer, Harbor Freight's prices can't be beat. Also, Doug Care or the Shrink Wrap Store have good prices on bags or tubing. :D

I shrink wrap AND put in boxes. I get chipboard boxes from papermart and use the 3x4, 3x5 and 3x7 (I don't sell a 3x9 pillar, so would have to check to see if they carried a size big enough). The boxes are pretty inexpensive, but they're not very attractive but it's easier to ship to my accounts this way and I found if I don't shrink wrap them, sometimes oil gets absorbed into the box.

I've had a few issues with the 3x7 size, as they have a seam and if you're not careful when opening the box, the glue comes apart.

I'd like to find some in the same sizes but white, however I'm not having much luck...

I've been thinking about the chipboard boxes myself too, but they won't send me samples!

Trish, is there anyway I could purchase a couple of your sizes?

I bought some 3x3 boxes from The Candlemaker Store and they're toooo small.

Sure, PM me your addy!

I also have the 3x3x6 in case that's a size you need too.

• 4 weeks later...
Instead of boxes, which can be pretty pricey.......shrink wrap all your pillars. If you don't already have an impulse sealer, Harbor Freight's prices can't be beat. Also, Doug Care or the Shrink Wrap Store have good prices on bags or tubing. :D

What IS a good price to get set up to be able to shrink wrap?

I have never seen this done and do not have a clue what is required to do it. I personally do not like to have to remove the shrink wrapping sometimes when I buy a product...but from a sellers point of view, it does protect the product. I think I need this!

I have never seen this done and do not have a clue what is required to do it. I personally do not like to have to remove the shrink wrapping sometimes when I buy a product...but from a sellers point of view, it does protect the product. I think I need this!
Some of the companies that sell shipping and packaging supplies sell the shrink wrap stuff. Some will sell you a kit, but you probably already have the heat gun. Google it and you'll find a lot.

It's not very upscale to shrink wrap though. Depends on what market and price point you're aiming to hit.

Not a shrink wrap fan myself.

But if it keeps the box clean I suppose it is a necessary evil.

Glerup, Nashville Wraps and Paper Mart sell boxes in all different sizes and materials. Also wine companies ship in those round tubes. You might want to Google those. Sunshine will make custom boxes for you- I would call for a quote. Ask for Dottie.

Glerup:

http://www.glerup.com/

Nashville Wraps:

http://www.nashvillewraps.com/

Papermart:

http://www.papermart.com/

Sunshine Container:

http://www.sunshinecontainer.com/

Top you said that it is not very upscale to shrink wrap - so what is more upscale? Boxes??? TIA
Yes I would say so. There are any number of ways to make your packaging more upscale and shrink wrap is near the bottom of the heap. Not saying it isn't good under any circumstances. Again it depends on the the market you're aiming at, but the truth is that the more you want to charge (or can charge) for your candles, the less you want to shrink wrap them.

Originally Posted by topofmurrayhill

Yes I would say so. There are any number of ways to make your packaging more upscale and shrink wrap is near the bottom of the heap. Not saying it isn't good under any circumstances. Again it depends on the the market you're aiming at, but the truth is that the more you want to charge (or can charge) for your candles, the less you want to shrink wrap them

I would like to know besides boxes what other upsale packing can you suggest?

I suggest my wholesale accounts remove the shrink wrap before displaying. The only reason I do shrink wrap is because the chip board boxes start to absorb oil from the candles (not sure why...I can't feel oil on the candle itself) and leaves oil stains on the box.

I have definitely been searching for a classier idea for shipping/display. One of my accounts said all his pillars come wrapped in tissue paper. That's it. Granted, it's personalized tissue paper, but still... I think the box protects them better.

Unless....I decide to have inserts made speficically for certain size boxes, then I can just set the pillar in between the inserts. However, that's very expensive and I tend to ship many sizes at one time....

Okay, thinking out loud now. I'll stop rambling.... :P