Lip flavors

shutterbugg

The sweet-n-low powder won't dissolve, and your balms will be grainy. Any sweetener you add needs to be oil based or it simply won't blend.

Sucralose seems to be the item of choice, but you can't buy it locally. It's hard to find and pricey. There was someone here a while back selling some...try a search for sucralose and you'll find it.

I'm bringing this thread up again... I have Sweet 10, a liquid sweetner from the grocery store, the ingredients are: Water, Sodium Saccarin N.F. 2.5%, Benzoic Acid and Methylparaben (as preservative). I would like to try making Lava Lip Gloss, since the whole idea of this gloss is to watch as you mix is it ok to use this additive? Wondering after I saw Beth's post saying the sweetner needs oil, will the oil from the gloss be enough or won't it still blend? TIA :)

Side note: in WSP's ingredients for the original item in question it is simply saccarin (do you think there's most ingredients then that so it works?)

Anything with a water base will not blend. Even honey doesn't blend. The recipes I have seen for lava lipgloss recommend using food coloring and that is water based so I guess this sweetner would just stay in the colored part of the gloss.