dipped silk flowers

moniek

For those of you that do these, what are your most common flower and scent? I am wanting to try these for VD and Mothers Day. I would guess rose buds would be the easiest. Just wanting some input from those that have already did these. Where do you get YOUR rose scent from? :smiley2:

Generally, the rose petals are done in soap and they are used as single use soaps, I get my rose petals in bulk from ebay, they are all ready to go, just open and start dipping.

I guess you can do was as well but I persoanlly have never seen it, but hey, what do I know there a are a million things I have never seen:)

I think people are talking about two different things here. Soap petals and you can dip whole flower stems in wax like a dipped bear and they fragrance a room just like the dipped bears do, the soap petals are for single use washings of your hands.

I do my dipped flowers in soywax, I do everything in soy (except stand alone votives and pillars-I haven't ventured there yet). The wax stands up fast, I dip twice and it you have drips or don't like how it looks you can always use a heat gun (on low) to melt your wax off. I also put my wax in a jelly jar on a tart warmer to keep the wax from setting up as I dip each stem and finesse it. Hope that makes sense. I too use roses, but I did find some nice carnations at Walmart last year and bought some Carnation FO at NG (the only fo I ever bought there) AND have YET to dip but the season for that is coming up. When I dipped my roses last year I only did Rose Petals (from Scents for Soy-so strong) and Chocolate covered strawberries as the other.

I think the sky's the limit on what to dip, I was on a forum last year where people were dipping daisies, hydrangeas, tulips, etc using their matching scent. One thing that matters is the material the flower is made from, some materials the wax blends into or you can't see it and others you really can (i go by eye to determine). White color are obviously the easiest and when doing the colored flowers I color the wax the same color to help the wax blend in better with the flower. HTH and makes sense :)

Oh Paulette that's a GREAT idea about arranging them in a basket!! I just put them in vases (and you can set them in the "fake water" in vases too). I got that resin mixture but ONCE again didn't get around to using in the vases. I thought it would add to the realistic look of flowers in a vase.

Macy that a really cool idea as well. I like the idea of doing 1/2 and 1/2 -soap petals and lotion petals!