How much FO in creams

kayearthgrown

How much fragrance oil to a pound of lotions or creams? also I used 3% of Love spell to a batch of creams and after 3 or 4 days my creams started having a little yellow tint in the tubes. I have had my creams lab tested and they are fine. I was told by one of my suppliers it is because of so much Vanilla in some of the FO's. Has anyone had this problem? I think it might be the vanilla because all of the creams dont do it, Just the Love Spell and the Sweet Pea so far. Do you think 3% is too much FO ? TIA

I didn't realize you added color! I'm sorry! I thought it was from the vanilla but yeah...it has turned a bit darker. Not in a bad way at all though. Do you want me to send you a bit so you can see? I'm hoarding it to make it last longer :D .

Jen

No, its okay. Keep it for youself....dont want to dip into your little stash.:wink2:

I sell Fragrance Oils, so I kinda hate to post where I buy from. The oils are really strong so I may have to cut back on the ones that are turning, but everyone loves the way the scent last and dont want me to change anything. Also I ordered some vanilla browning neutralizer to add to the FO, they said it would help some. Have any of you all used this in your lotions or cream? I just got my order in today, havent tried it yet.

I've gotten to the point that I add a vanilla stabilizer to almost every FO when working w/ almost every B&B product. I've had good results so far. The reason I started doing that was I had FO's turning products brown that didn't have vanilla in them (or so the description said). Some FO's no matter how much stabilizer you use will still turn a light shade of brown (Pink Sugar for one). This is JMO and I'm a newbie at this, so take it for what its worth :grin2:.

Where do you get your vanilla stabilizer if you dont mind me asking? I ordered mine from wholesale supplies plus. How much do you add to your FO's? supplies plus told me to mix it 1:1 then add 3% to the base. Does this sound about right? I am just getting started with the lotions and hope to add cp soaps soon. TIA

That's where I got mine (WSP). I choose to go w/ the stabilizer because I wanted it for M&P, I think what you got was for lotion (right? I'm going by memory :tongue2:). From M&P I started trying it in whipped shea, when scenting bubble bath and bath salts (as they turned yellow w/ Pink Sugar and Warm Vanilla Sugar), etc. So far so good. I even put the bath salts right in a bright sunny window and nothing!!:yay: I was so happy as I had a bunch turn yellow so I handed it out as testers. I can't remember the % I always have to read the bottle for the directions.