Question for CP/HP soapers

daniedb

I saw an incredible line of handmade soaps the other day that are made in Texas (ironically enough, they are carried at a chain of HUGE convenience stores that are highly upscale and have delis and personal care items, travertine and granite in their bathrooms), and they were GORGEOUS. I hope to start working on CP when I get a chance this year, and I LOVED the way these looked - they were obviously a mold like the Target one, with the top exposed, and the tops were very rough and craggy looking. Almost like the way some people can make the tops of their candles whipped. They were a perfect mix between obviously handcrafted and professional. How the heck did they do that?

Don't worry, I'm not going to copy - I'm not even making the stuff yet - I'm just realy interested in the different finishing touches one can make on their soap, and would love to know from the experts!

to make the soaps textured, you take a spoon or some other tool to start texturizing the soap like you would icing, I let mine start setting up then I take a wooden spoon and start swirling around until I have the look I want, and of course you cannot put you mold top directly on the soap or your design will be flattened. This is the only way I do most of my soaps now. People comment on that look more than anything else about my soaps when they are looking at them, they love the fact that it seems like art work rather than just dumping the soap in etc.

I don't think you would be copying, a lot of people do that to their soaps

Elle

Oh, well that doesn't sound too hard, just yet another step in the process, interesting! I am absolutely DYING to start experimenting, but I'll have to wait until my life calms down a bit, and I get some extra cash to stock up on some new supplies...yet again! LOL! Thanks for the information!