Testing new jars (8oz Tureen) wick suggestions.. ?

Its been a while since I have posted on here ... so hello again!!

I just received my new 8oz Tureen Jars today from candlescience !!

It says on their website these have 4" diameter. I am using 6006 and was thinking of double wicking with either two cd 6's or 7's ... or two HTP 104's ??

These cute lil jars seem tricky since they are small (short) but wide.. wouldn't mind trying to single wick these too - maybe cd 18 (?) Just seems so big for such a small jar, lol.

Any suggestions would be really helpful!!

Thank you!! :smiley2:

Its been a while since I have posted on here ... so hello again!!

I just received my new 8oz Tureen Jars today from candlescience !!

It says on their website these have 4" diameter. I am using 6006 and was thinking of double wicking with either two cd 6's or 7's ... or two HTP 104's ??

These cute lil jars seem tricky since they are small (short) but wide.. wouldn't mind trying to single wick these too - maybe cd 18 (?) Just seems so big for such a small jar, lol.

Any suggestions would be really helpful!!

Thank you!! :smiley2:

I made a lot of those with 6006 and I single-wicked them with one 62 zinc, which worked perfect. First it tunnels all the way down, then it melts the sides. The HT is awesome. I used a high FO load.

Edited by HorsescentS

Thank you for the reply HorsescentS! I have only tried HTP 104 so far with not much luck, I will try what you suggested next Thanks again! :)

Next time I make 8 oz tureens it will be with 4627, and I don't know how to wick them with this wax. I want to double wick them with HTP's if at all possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried using cd wicks (double wicking with these) ? It has been suggested to me but not sure where to start ... Cd 5 6 ? These little turrets are deff tricky to wick! Geesh, and I thought they'd be easier than my apothecaries lol

Have you tried using cd wicks (double wicking with these) ? It has been suggested to me but not sure where to start ... Cd 5 6 ? These little turrets are deff tricky to wick! Geesh, and I thought they'd be easier than my apothecaries lol

No, I never tried double wicking the 8 oz tureens in 6006 wax because using one 62 zinc wick worked perfect for me. I will try double wicking tureens with 4627 in the future though.

Edited by HorsescentS