Valentines soaps..

KJohnson

Wondering if you can pour little heart shaped soaps then put them in a mold then pour MP over it...So you would have an oval bar of soap..but in the middle you will see a heart...anyone know how I can do this?? I have it picture in my head and i just tried it and...well it looks like crap..lol anyone know what i mean?

I do that...I freeze the embeds, pour the soap into the mold and then when the soap gets a light film on top, I push the embed into the soap. Just remember, the soap mold is upside down, so put the front of the heart facing down. :) I made that mistake with a pretty rose embed, and all you could see at the front of the soap was the back of the flower :(

You know what helps with that? I usually have a bunch of toothpics on hand, and before I put the embed in, I make a v with the toothpicks at the height I want the embed, then I pull the toothpicks out after a few seconds...and for some reason that keeps the embed from sinking to the bottom. HTH!

That's a neat idea Spellkast, I'll have to try that. I sometimes when doing individual molds pour a small amount let it set up then, spritz with rubbing acohol add the embeds pour alittle more. Repeat how ever many times you need to/want to. I know some don't like to use r. acohol because its drying so you could try witch hazel. I had someone suggest that. I've yet to try it so I don't know the results. HTH :)

Wondering if you can pour little heart shaped soaps then put them in a mold then pour MP over it...So you would have an oval bar of soap..but in the middle you will see a heart...anyone know how I can do this?? I have it picture in my head and i just tried it and...well it looks like crap..lol anyone know what i mean?

I just did this last night! I got the cutest little heart icecube tray molds in the $1 section at target. Made the hearts pink and then did a transparent red over pour in my oval molds I got at NG. they are soooo cute!

I wish I had a digital cam so I could show you! Do it! they are cute. I put 2 of the little hearts in my oval bar!