Any favorite things you like using Coco butter?

KMommy

I have tried melting it and placing in small candy type molds to be used as a skin treatment. Sorta like body butter. The problem with that is most people commented that they really didn't know what to do with the bar when not in use. Didn't want to leave it in the bathroom because it gets too hot and humid, didn't want to leave it in the frig. because they forget to use it. So I was thinking maybe it would be better to melt and pour in small tin containers. Other than just straight Coco butter what else can I add to make it a little more special?

You have to try these!! They are so wonderful. I need to pick up my citric acid so I can make more. They will be great for those cold winter months when your skin is so dry.

Bunny's Bath Melts

8 oz. cocoa butter (the smelly one)

1 1/2 cups baking soda

1/3 cup corn starch

1-2 tbsp. cocoa powder (if you want it brown)

1 cup citric acid

Melt cocoa butter. When it's melted, add baking soda, corn starch, and if a dark chocolate melt is wanted, add cocoa powder. If not, leave as is. After everything is completely mixed and molds are ready, cool until pot is just warm to the touch, but still liquid. Add citric acid and stir like mad! Pour quickly into lined molds, then in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Have held up very well in warm weather.

*Note: When you make it, if you want to add fo, rather than chocolate scent, use deodorized cocoa butter and add 1 tbsp. body safe fo.

You have to try these!! They are so wonderful. I need to pick up my citric acid so I can make more. They will be great for those cold winter months when your skin is so dry.

Bunny's Bath Melts

8 oz. cocoa butter (the smelly one)

1 1/2 cups baking soda

1/3 cup corn starch

1-2 tbsp. cocoa powder (if you want it brown)

1 cup citric acid

Melt cocoa butter. When it's melted, add baking soda, corn starch, and if a dark chocolate melt is wanted, add cocoa powder. If not, leave as is. After everything is completely mixed and molds are ready, cool until pot is just warm to the touch, but still liquid. Add citric acid and stir like mad! Pour quickly into lined molds, then in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Have held up very well in warm weather.

*Note: When you make it, if you want to add fo, rather than chocolate scent, use deodorized cocoa butter and add 1 tbsp. body safe fo.

Since I live in FL I'm marketing them for cold and for sun bathers. I will second this is an AWESOME recipe (thanks Bunny). I put cocoa butter in lip balms and in my soy lotion bar/stick.

I made a whipped shea that had too much oils in it so I added undeoderized cocoa butter. It completely overpowered the smell of the shea (and the FO, Sweet Pea). What I found interesting was that when I smelled it, it smelled like cocoa butter, and when I put it on I could smell CB and Sweet Pea and then within about 10 minutes I couldn't smell the CB anymore, just Sweet Pea.

I wonder what is the shelf life without a preservative?

Carrie,

I remember when I worked in the perfume department at a store many years ago we were told when testing perfume to spray a small amount on and smell it at different times. 20 min. then 1 hour, 2 hours. You could really smell how differently one scent would smell from one person to the next and how different it would smell in the bottle and then on the skin.