Homemade cleaning product to add FO to?

Darbla

I've got a large bottle of a fragrance that is never going to smell like anything but some type of cleaner. So I need ideas for home cleaning products that I can create and add this to just to use it up. Plain water + this FO doesn't sound like much of a cleaning product, bleach and ammonia have too strong a smell on their own (and I would never mix anything with them anyway not knowing what the reaction might cause). Maybe vinegar for cleaning counter tops?

Make tarts and put them in your melter when people are coming over unexpectedly. They'll think your house is really clean even if it isn't, LOL, like a subliminal message. Other than that, you can put it in vermiculite and use it in your vacuum. Or make sachets with it and keep it in the bottom of your trashcans under the trash bag or in your cupboards or junk drawers. Anywhere you want a clean scent.

I use vinegar & water to clean with all the time. You could add a little to it. Another thing you could add a little to is baking soda. I use it to clean my kitchen & bath sinks as well as the tub. Works great and makes the drains smell better. Makes my white porcelain sink cleaner than even straight bleach with a little scrubbing but without the effects of bleach.

I read this recipe for cleaning bathroom scum on another forum.

12oz vinegar

12oz dawn dish soap ( the power clean version)

Heat the vinegar until it is hot and pour into a spray bottle add the dawn and shake well, add your FO. It is supposed to work very well on hard water spots etc and soap scum.

I don't know about mixing FO with any straight liquid. It's like mixing oil & water. I'd be afraid the oil would separate out unless it was emulsified. The Dawn is advertised that it "cuts the grease" so that formulation above might work ... but then I don't think it could be used on glass or mirrors. Will be interesting to read other opinions.

• 1 year later...
... Another thing you could add a little to is baking soda. I use it to clean my kitchen & bath sinks as well as the tub. Works great and makes the drains smell better. Makes my white porcelain sink cleaner than even straight bleach with a little scrubbing but without the effects of bleach.

I just scrubbed my bathtub with a combo of baking soda and FO. That worked a treat, and that half of my house smells amazing now!

I've got a large bottle of a fragrance that is never going to smell like anything but some type of cleaner. So I need ideas for home cleaning products that I can create and add this to just to use it up. Plain water + this FO doesn't sound like much of a cleaning product, bleach and ammonia have too strong a smell on their own (and I would never mix anything with them anyway not knowing what the reaction might cause). Maybe vinegar for cleaning counter tops?

I mix fo with baking soda & let it sit open in a small wide mouth jar in my laundry room. Lasts a good week usually, depending on the fo. Grapefruit & other citrus types work really well/ laundry fo's work excellent for me too. When I dump it out, it makes the garbage smell "tolerable" from the laundry room too (where the kitty box is). Just an idea.