What's a good way to get fundraisers?

jwahlton

I've been making candles and soaps and stuff for 3+ years now and would like to take it to the next level. I'm interested in doing some fundraisers and was wanting some advice on who to contact and how to get them? Do I first send a letter and brochure? Explain the costs/profits to them?

TIA

Luckily my Huge Fundraiser just fell into my lap. A good friend of mine is the Pres of the PTA and she approached me. And then it sort of snowballed from there. I average doing 8000 candles a yr with all my Fundraisers combined. They are GREAT exposure and AWESOME profit...but A LOT of HARD WORK!!!!!

Some of the ones that I got myself I got by sending a brochure to every Sponsor at the High Schools. Call the school...or ask your kids...Who is the Junior SPonsor (Prom)...National Honor Society?... Cheerleading?...Art Honor Society?...Student Council? Then also ask for some small groups like Key Club, Band Boosters, Drama Club, Photography club. I have found that off the wall groups are great for fundraising...Soroptomist Club, Lioness Club, Independent Basketball & Cheerleading leagues, Dance Studios, Day Cares.

I always make a selling point of "Keeping it local"...groups eat that up! ANd they also like the fact that I let them pick the scents. They also like the fact that we deliver locally....no chance to get lost or damaged during shipping.

Good Luck!

Guest EMercier

I like those ideas. I was wondering myself how to get them and never thought of those types of clubs. I have done one for my mom's church, but that's about it. Hmmm, gotta go think of a few people to call.