The Candle Source Tart Wax Blend

sunharbor

Yeah..Im one of those that cant sleep past 4am BUT its so quiet then and have the early morning hours to myself :grin2: I'll have my 2nd batch done before most have their first cup of coffee tomorrow lol! Thanks for the help!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I made Spiced Apples and Peaches and Cinnabuns trying the lower temps and stir time...so far the tops are definetly smoother and my kitchen smells amazing lol...

I only use C3 for all my container candles but I wanted to try paraffin wickless and so far Im loving it! That being said, I have not tried soy or parasoy for tarts yet, may play around and add C3 to see what the differnces are...hth

Update...poured at 130-dimples are back lol, but they dont bother me at all :)

Imc...what % of FO are you adding? On this last batch..did you still heat to and add FO at 185? Glad your tops are smoother...

Lorelei...it's paraffin. I'm still testing so I can't rave one way or the other yet.

I used the max-10% because I wanted to see how wax held up at that load...no, this time I heated to 175* and added fo at 165. Saved some tarts from first batch of same fo and will test again using both to see if there is a difference in ht...

Hey, hey, easy on me! When you asked "Do you seriously not have any TV's", I thought "WHAT is she talking about??" (Ya know, I call it "old brain delayed combustion", lol), and then it hit me, "oooh, the OT topic".

Ok, let me explain. We do have TV sets, four of them, but no service. We use them to watch stuff we rent. Many years ago we decided that quality went down the tubes big time; virtually all TV programs - in our opinion - are to sway the viewers, trying to sell them a product or an ideology; I call it " The battle to conquer your mind".

There is no "unbiased" TV channel, just a whole bunch of brainwashing which is quite difficult to escape because it is so very pervasive. They use all the tricks of the game, and I know the "game" because I occasionally have to use it in my profession and I've been playing it for well over 30 years with great success. It's all done in basically 3 stages; ultimately the best "hypnotist" wins, lol Well, I really should not "lol", 'cause it is very serious.

Anyway, there's your answer: we have computers and we have TVs but no TV service; and the opinions expressed here are mine and in no way meant to offend or provoke anyone. :wink2:

I wholeheartedly agree! I have spent many years of my life without TV for the same reason. I don't like being brainwashed by the powers that be in my own home. lol Or lied to. But, unfortunately, I have TV now and have had it for a few months because a family member who is staying with me got it installed. When I first started watching it again, I was appalled by it! I can't say enough bad things about it. And it was so easy for me to see through it all. But, I'm sorry to say I watch it too much now, and don't have the same clear perspective on it that I had at first. I should try harder not to watch it.

Anyway, there's your answer: we have computers and we have TVs but no TV service; and the opinions expressed here are mine and in no way meant to offend or provoke anyone.

Maybe we should start a new thread?

Sorry for hijack....That's all good Ravens. Its just something we don't see often these days....or I don't see often. With that said, I watch almost no television myself except a cable news channel...all day, every day until about 9:00ish pm and then over to Hulu or Netflix or HBO GO. The only exception is Dancing on Monday night and Tuesday night. Hubs watches his stuff in the den, the LR is rarely used here except football season for TV or company comes over.

I don't think it's hijack, old brain here just could not "compute" so quickly, lol.

Have no idea what you keep turned on all day long, every day until about 9:00ish, but if I lived closer to you - and with your consent, of course - I'd give you tangible proof of how that seemingly harmless habit creates the problem. Same would apply to the radio, though in a slightly different way.

Lorelei, yes, I believe it could make you switch, but not for containers. I mean, you can use it for containers, but it can be a nightmare to wick! Perhaps start off by adding some of it to tarts and see what you think. And in case you wonder.... no, I own no stock in that company, lol. Just a little joke between me and Jeanie.

Maybe we should start a new thread?

Sorry for hijack....That's all good Ravens. Its just something we don't see often these days....or I don't see often. With that said, I watch almost no television myself except a cable news channel...all day, every day until about 9:00ish pm and then over to Hulu or Netflix or HBO GO. The only exception is Dancing on Monday night and Tuesday night. Hubs watches his stuff in the den, the LR is rarely used here except football season for TV or company comes over.

Have no idea what you keep turned on all day long, every day until about 9:00ish, but if I lived closer to you - and with your consent, of course - I'd give you tangible proof of how that seemingly harmless habit creates the problem. Same would apply to the radio, though in a slightly different way.

Sounds mysteriously interesting and may have something to do with why I keep the television on... which is for low background noise. Often something comes on that catches my attention but afterward its back to doing what I was doing.

It's fascinating, really. After over 30 years I still find it intriguing, Jeanie. As we keep the TV and radio on, believing they're keeping us "company", the entrainment works its magic..... or should I say its evil? We did studies of persons who believed, "I can think for myself"; in all this time, the ones who truly thought for themselves I can count of one hand! It can get rather complicated to explain, but it has to do with brain frequencies, how the brain "thinks" and responds to visual stimuli, how it interprets sounds, especially voice inflections, etc. etc. It is widely used but many (people in politics, military, advertising industry, religion, etc.) but carried on effectively by a relatively few.

Sounds mysteriously interesting and may have something to do with why I keep the television on... which is for low background noise. Often something comes on that catches my attention but afterward its back to doing what I was doing.

Ravens, I cured first batch for 4 days and while the tart smells really nice (TSC sp. apples&peaches), Im not too impressed with ht...used max 10% fo. Im still curing the other batches where I went by your instructions and will test those in a few days. Does paraffin need a week long cure like my soy? tia

Im testing using a new Better Homes and Garden electric tart warmer w/25 watt bulb :confused:

Edited by lmc

Odd, 'cause although I'm not too crazy about TCS Apples & peaches, it throws strong! Four days is enough for curing; I often test after 2 days. Paraffins don't need many days of curing, which is a good thing for impatient people like me, lol. You may want to cut back on the % used. The warmers I use are either the cheap "plate" type sold at Walmart or Hobby Lobby that sell for around $6 or the Candlewarmer two-piece set (my favorite).

Ravens, I cured first batch for 4 days and while the tart smells really nice (TSC sp. apples&peaches), Im not too impressed with ht...used max 10% fo. Im still curing the other batches where I went by your instructions and will test those in a few days. Does paraffin need a week long cure like my soy? tia

Im testing using a new Better Homes and Garden electric tart warmer w/25 watt bulb :confused:

About the warmer, I think it depends on the style. If it's the Scentsy type, I'd have to say "No" because the bulb is too far from the bottom of the dish and TCS wax is fairly hard. This is the type I use:

http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?prod=590

And this is the type that, in my experience, does not get hot enough to melt the wax properly; it uses a 25W bulb:

http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?prod=601

HTH :smiley2:

Ravens, while Im getting a decent throw (not where I want it to be tho) its only lasting 3-4 hours.

I heat to 185* remove from heat, add fo-10% (tried lower-not impressed) and stir for 1 1/2-2 min, pour at 130*, cure 4-5 days. I use fo's that I know throw great in my C3 (AH/RE!Peak, CS) but the ht throw just doesnt last...any insight? tia

I've used it for the last month or so and it's been doing great for me. I really like the pellet form although it appears to have black marks/spots on a lot of the pieces it doesn't come through once melted. I've always loved their wax for tarts though,just not for containers.

I use different temps; not sure if that makes a diff, though imo it does, and I definately do not stir for 1 or 2 minutes. Your curing time is fine; play with the temps and the stirring. Not every single FO will throw great with this wax, but the vast majority will.

Ravens, while Im getting a decent throw (not where I want it to be tho) its only lasting 3-4 hours.

I heat to 185* remove from heat, add fo-10% (tried lower-not impressed) and stir for 1 1/2-2 min, pour at 130*, cure 4-5 days. I use fo's that I know throw great in my C3 (AH/RE!Peak, CS) but the ht throw just doesnt last...any insight? tia

Edited by Ravens

Thx...I did try your earlier suggestions on pour temp, fo %, and stirred for 30 seconds but while the tart smells good, I have the same issue with the duration of the throw. Just made a few batches blended with C3 and will give it a week and see if that helps, tops are very smooth too.

Ravens, I am using the pellet form tart wax, is this the one you rave about or is it the pillar/votive wax (says you need to add additives)? TCS only lists 3 waxes with one of them just for container...tia

Edited by lmc

They (TCS) know the wax I buy, but you may want to call them and ask Loren for the wax that used to be sold in slabs and whose description indicated "for tarts, containers and votives". I so wish they'd work on that website!! Imo, it's confusing, a mess, nearly as bad as BC's :-(

Thx...I did try your earlier suggestions on pour temp, fo %, and stirred for 30 seconds but while the tart smells good, I have the same issue with the duration of the throw. Just made a few batches blended with C3 and will give it a week and see if that helps, tops are very smooth too.

Ravens, I am using the pellet form tart wax, is this the one you rave about or is it the pillar/votive wax (says you need to add additives)? TCS only lists 3 waxes with one of them just for container...tia