Two layers for soap?

KMommy

When making a layered soap with M&P when do I pour the second layer? I would imagine if I let it compeletly cool they wouldn't stick. I wanted to do one color on the bottom and another on top or maybe one type such as a moisterizer and the other an exfoliant.

I've read as soon as a thick layer as formed on your soap you poured. (People will probably cringe at this but) I've gone days between layering soap, the key is to spritz w/ rubbing alcohol for the layers to adhere. If you pour to soon or the second layer is too hot (which I tend to do) then the top layer will end up mixing with the first layer. I usually add my second layer once the first layer is firm to the touch. HTH :)

I've read as soon as a thick layer as formed on your soap you poured. (People will probably cringe at this but) I've gone days between layering soap, the key is to spritz w/ rubbing alcohol for the layers to adhere. If you pour to soon or the second layer is too hot (which I tend to do) then the top layer will end up mixing with the first layer. I usually add my second layer once the first layer is firm to the touch. HTH :)

I've gone days as well! I've never had my soap come apart at the layers, and I believe that maryann is correct, the key is a spritz of rubbing alcohol for adhesion.