Tealight?

I like the plastic. I use silicone to attach my wick tabs so there's no chance the wick will fall over and melt the plastic. They must be heat resistant because my tester burned one for 7 hours straight and she said didn't overheat or anything. However I haven't tried the metal so I really can't compare the advantages/disadvantages of each.

Scentlady,

I just saw a website with plastic ones and after looking they are much more attractive.The color shows through and that is what makes them prettier.Thank you for the info and espeically the silicone tip.Would never have thought about that.

LynnS

I have been making tealights for 5 years and I only had 1 catch fire, BUT it was my own fault. I had a oil that was impossible to wick it seemed so I stuck a big ole fat wick in a tiny little tealight cause I was mad that I was having so much trouble with this particular FO. Yes, very STUPID of me, I now have a scorched spot on my bathroom vanity to remind me every day just how stupid that was.

I love the looks of the plastic, and they are as safe as you make them:o, as with every candle we make.

I think I will prefer the plastic too.After reading all of the posts I may just have a challenge on my hands.I bet those things are hard to wick.I haven't had problems with any of my candles when I wicked them.Now with these it may not be as easy.I will TRY to be patient.

LynnS