Label on every...

I always put a label on every single one. I put the fragrance name (So they wont forget when they get home), I put my biz info, so if they give them away, or forget my biz name, they can look on the bottom and find me. It is AMAZING how much diffrence I saw in repeat customers after I added my company info. A competitor of mine sells the same shape votive, and people alwya sgpt us confused. So now my customers know where to go!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a hard time getting my cotton wicks to stay in place on the votives.....so when I take a warning label off, it pulls the wick out! :o If I try to heat the tab/bottom of wick too much, it burns apart. Obviously, I am not a pro at this...any suggestions? I had decided to bag them and put a label on the bag, but I guess that is not a very good solution.

Jane...you may want to slip the wick into the votive...take a heat gun and hit the bottom fo the votive for about 5 seconds and then press the tab further into the votive's slightly melted bottom and press with a stick (not fingers) and then set on wax paper until cool...should help set your wick into place without it falling out....then just slap your label on there

i usually only have this problem when I use larger tabs (self centering) if i use the smaller circular tabs they usually just press in and hold by the crimped part....

So rather than trying to heat the tab and wick, I am heating the bottom of the votive itself to get a little melt, then pushing the tab?

And I learned the hard way not to use my fingers....:laugh2:

Yeah... I just heated the bottom of the votive while the wick/tab was in place to get just a little of the wax to melt...then pressed the tab further into the votive...a thin little line of wax will surround the edge of the tab...you can actually see when the wax hardens back up....and that little bit of wax will keep wour wick from falling out...and because your heatingthe bottom for just a few seconds the wick won't come out of the tab (theoretically...at least I have never had it happen from doing it this way)

hope it works for you!

I do it this way too, but if you don't want to use a heat gun, I sometimes use some of the tealights that I've made that didn't come out quite right and just light them up and use the flame to melt the bottom a little. I've found that the small flame from the tealight gives me more control over what I'm doing.

Yeah... I just heated the bottom of the votive while the wick/tab was in place to get just a little of the wax to melt...then pressed the tab further into the votive...a thin little line of wax will surround the edge of the tab...you can actually see when the wax hardens back up....and that little bit of wax will keep wour wick from falling out...and because your heatingthe bottom for just a few seconds the wick won't come out of the tab (theoretically...at least I have never had it happen from doing it this way)

hope it works for you!

Thanks CandleFreak and candlebean for the advice....definitely going to try this next time around....