cookie cutters for cut outs

Hobby Lobby and Micheal's generally has a good assortment. Some Wal-Marts do, too. A lot of department stores have them in the kitchenware dept. Sometimes the supermarket will have a few.

Even the local dollar store will sometimes have some.

A baking specialty store might have some that you can't find elsewhere, but they'll probably cost twice as much.

I'm not real careful with them, sometimes, so if I find a really unusual one that I like, I buy 2 or 3 and put the extras away. I think the most expensive one I've bought was about $2.50.

There's nothing special about the ones you use for candles, just a standar cookie cutter.

You can also trace a shape onto your chunk wax and cut it out with an exacto knife.

If you're handy and a bit patient you can make one out of the metal banding they use when shipping pallets. Just bend it into the shape you want, then solder it. You'd prolly need a vise, some vice grip pliers and tin snips. That's a lot of work for something you can get really cheap at the store, but if it's something you can't live without and can't find anywhere...

If you're handy and a bit patient you can make one out of the metal banding they use when shipping pallets. Just bend it into the shape you want, then solder it. You'd prolly need a vise, some vice grip pliers and tin snips. That's a lot of work for something you can get really cheap at the store, but if it's something you can't live without and can't find anywhere...

What a great idea! I never thought of that. There are some shapes I would like to design myself.

Unfortunately around here, metal cookie cutters are near impossible to find in stores. Plastic yes, metal nope. Except for the special brass ones Wally World had for Christmas, like $4..99 each or some crap :undecided

What a great idea! I never thought of that. There are some shapes I would like to design myself.

Unfortunately around here, metal cookie cutters are near impossible to find in stores. Plastic yes, metal nope. Except for the special brass ones Wally World had for Christmas, like $4..99 each or some crap :undecided

I've had the best luck at Hobby Lobby. The one here has a whole aisle of cookie cutters. Metal, plastic... every size and shape I've needed so far.

I've had the best luck at Hobby Lobby. The one here has a whole aisle of cookie cutters. Metal, plastic... every size and shape I've needed so far.

I've never been to one since we don't have any around here. I'll have to make some calls and see if any carry them. Might be worth driving an hour if they have a wide variety :grin2:

Hey Thats is the same with me. My named me Darla after them. But get this were my daughter work's there are 3 yes I said 3 that have that name.We live in Brainerd MN.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: The town not that big .:yay: :yay: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

DARLA

Holy Cow...we're growing.....before you know it, there will be keychains and other personalized items that actually HAVE the name Darla! lol

Holy Cow...we're growing.....before you know it, there will be keychains and other personalized items that actually HAVE the name Darla! lol
So you cried too when you could'nt find your name also .I realy feel for you I have been there too I'm 53 you around thier too.