Mineral Oil

Crafty1

Is Mineral Oil good in lotions?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is Mineral Oil good in lotions?

• Yes
    • No

i have read many places that mineral oil is not good in cosmetics for one reason or another. however, i have tried few lotions with mineral oil in it and it seems as though it offers a good feel...just my opinion. what are your thoughts on mineral oil?

Personally I don't like it , I feel it is to heavy and does not sink in.

thanks for the reply. trying to get a feel of the majority. i had heard the same thing, but for some reason or another it seems as though the lotions i have tried with mineral oil gives a great feel. it is possible it is not the mineral oil but another ingredient

anyone else want to share their thoughts about mineral oil

I would check and see what other ingredients are in the lotion and where on the list mineral oil is. This is just a personal preference for me, some people do love mineral oil. It is kind of like vaseline some people love it, I can't stand the heaviness of it. I just doesn't do anything for me.

There are some people who believe it can be a cause of skin cancer but no real data has been established on this. I for one do not put it in my products and I think it is over used as a cheap filler, also, I don't like the way it lays on my skin disallowing moisturizers to penetrate the skin.

Elle

I realize this is hearsay, but I have read over and over that mineral oil can be drying for babies' skin, and as I make some products for babies, I just omit it altogether in all my products. You can get a great "dry" feeling from FCO or using something like grapeseed or another light oil.