pillar palm wax and plastic novelty molds

Because you can't heat these molds like you can the aluminum one's, I don't think it would feather like it should. I tried to pour some embeds in a silicone mold and they didn't feather. From my experience, you have to pour into something heated inorder to achieve the feathering. HTH Portia

pdevine,

I have been playing with this all weekend. I am using the Palm 2 wax and I use only two piece plastic molds. Here is what I have learned so far: after heating the wax to 200 degrees I let it cool in the melter, adding the color and scent at 180 degrees, then I let it cool to 170 degrees and pour. I am getting some good results, especially in the large flat fields of the candle, but the corners, I use square molds, are not feathering very well. I haven't tried heating the molds with a hair dryer yet, but that might help. I pour in an area of my basement that is about 60 to 65 degrees and I'm sure that is effecting the results as well. I'll add more as I play.

Good luck!

I use a lot of the two piece plastic molds. I pour at 200 as usual ( make sure your molds are taped up VERY well) They feather/crystal just fine. Just make sure you take them out of the mold while the wax is still pretty warm otherwise you may have to break the heck out the candle to get it out.