Cooling molds for layered rustics

IHi all, I'm making a rustic with my new pyramid metal mold.

I cooled the mold in the fridge, poured the fisrt layer. I'm waiting this layer to setup then I'll pour second color (light pink and light blue scented baby hugs).

Obviously the mold is warmer then before, so why do I put it in the fridge?

I mean, when I'll go and pour the second layer the mold will be warm so why do you cool the mold for the first pour? I'ts not the same thing let it at room temp? You cannot cool it for other layers or do you do so, with wax in the mold? I don' think so but maybe I am missing something.

TIA and happy Christmas to all!

I asked the same question about a year ago, cause like you said, soon as the first layer is poured the whole mold will heat up. Alan told me to wrap a cold rag around the top part of the mold to chill it back down before doing the second layer. I never did get around to trying that, but I've read that so many peeps that do rustic layers don't bother cooling their molds. Seems easier, just one less step to worry about. So just pouring cooler like Michellle said might be the answer.

You don't HAVE to cool the molds between pours, it just makes the process more forgiving, if you do.

The folks that do layered rustics every day know exactly how hot the wax wax needs to be in order to get the rustic effect AND get good layer adhesion. Cooling the mold will let you pour a bit hotter... gives you a bit more wriggle room , with the pour temp.

I'd chill the molds, simply because I don't do enough of those to have it down pat.