Forgot to tongue test CPHP

donna4909

You can tongue test it when the batch sets up and is unmolded. That's when I've always tested mine. If it zaps you, wait a few days and see then how it is. You could rebatch it also to see how it is then. Do you think you got too much lye or maybe it didn't get mixed in good enough? I once had a batch that I didn't mix in well and had lye pockets, I rebatched it and it was good to go. Thank goodness it was just a practice batch.

Do you test yours with the wet soap mixture? I only ask because I have never heard of doing it then. I'm not criticizing or saying its wrong but was just wondering. :) I've only making soap for about a year now so I am still learning. :wink2:

Yes, most people who do HP test each batch before they slam it in the mold. Give just it a few days and tongue test, and everything should be fine.. Or, if it's still in the mold, you can put it back in the oven at 200 for an hour or two to force gel, and it should cook off any remaining lye if there is any. Not too long or it may seperate. HTH