? regarding KY-Para-Soy

CandleAddict_RN

Ok, so I had to break down and buy a sample of KY Para-Soy from all the good reviews I've read on here. But the few tarts and clamshells that I poured did not come out smooth on top. They have ripples all over the tops :( I've only used straight paraffin for my previous tarts & clamshells, so is it the soy that is causing this? What is the best way to avoid this? Pouring cooler? I poured at around 150-155.

Other than that, I love how whey come out of the clamshells so easily compared to my previous blend :smiley2: And I threw one in the warmer before taking kids to school this morning and came home to a house full of Creme Brûlée scent :yay:

I just started using this ky para soy blend too. I am having the same issue as well. I pour at 150, but I was going to pour cooler next time and slower to see if this helps. How far up do you pour. I do not measure it on the scale, just trying to eye ball it.

I try to pour right to the rim without overflowing. I did pour one with my previous blend on a scale to see what the actual weight would be if I poured to the rim and the most I could get was 2.8oz into it. I have no idea how some here can squeeze a full 3oz in them, lol.

I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to pour some more. My darn full time job just keeps getting in my way of candle & tart making. :)

Well, I was hoping some of those experienced with this wax had some more input....... Hello? anyone? :)

I use the KY Para-Soy and the only way I have found to get rid of the ripples is to add about 15-20% container soy...I use 444. I tried pouring cooler but it did not help. Some have found it did but I did not get the same results. Unless it really bothers you, I don't think it really matters to the customer. People seem to be scarfing up the BH&G clamshell tarts from Wal-Mart and if you look at them, they are pretty rough looking.

Ok, so I had to break down and buy a sample of KY Para-Soy from all the good reviews I've read on here. But the few tarts and clamshells that I poured did not come out smooth on top. They have ripples all over the tops :( I've only used straight paraffin for my previous tarts & clamshells, so is it the soy that is causing this? What is the best way to avoid this? Pouring cooler? I poured at around 150-155.

Other than that, I love how whey come out of the clamshells so easily compared to my previous blend :smiley2: And I threw one in the warmer before taking kids to school this morning and came home to a house full of Creme Brûlée scent :yay:

Did the ripples look anything like this ??

post-14200-13945849023_thumb.jpg

I use KY parasoy and I don't notice any ripples... I'm going to go inspect one that I poured last weekend now! You have me wondering... I've never noticed ripples before!

Well... I don't see anything.. well I can see a tiny bit in the purple but the pink has nothing that I can see or feel.

post-13796-139458490593_thumb.jpg

Edited by Soleil

I use KY parasoy and I don't notice any ripples... I'm going to go inspect one that I poured last weekend now! You have me wondering... I've never noticed ripples before!

Well... I don't see anything.. well I can see a tiny bit in the purple but the pink has nothing that I can see or feel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23102[/ATTACH]

Mine look just like yours. Can barely see the squares underneath.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23102[/ATTACH]

Now see, those are great looking to me! I'll have to post a picture to show what the 2 I poured look like. I'm not really talking about just seeing the square outlines. That I can deal with. I only poured 2 clamshells & a couple tarts on my first test of the wax. At least now I know it can be done :)

So for those of you that get those smooth tops, at what temp do you pour?

No one cares about the ripples except us, I promise! I've been using KY parasoy for a few years now and the consistency seems to change from batch to batch. Sometime I order and I get smooth tops -- other times, I get the ripples. Naturally, I freaked out when I got ripples for the first time....convinced myself that my customers would freak out. Not one person has ever said anything. I mean, after all, they're going to melt them anyway so I don't think ripples are their main concern...just good scent throw! :)