The Ultimate Marketing Plan

OK in a few short words heres the plan. I really like the show "Random 1" on A7E. There is something about just helping domeone for no reason. So this is the pkan, make a gift basket that would cost you no more than 5 dollars or so maybe less. Tommorrow take the basket with you on your travels whether work or errands or shopping etc. Make sure your products are labeled good with your name and website etc. Now, give that basket to anyone who looks like they are having a bad day. Just pick someone. I have been trying this and I like the outcome. Who would have guessed, But I will tell you if you find a person who has list all faith and tell them that you want them to have the basket just because they look like the could use a little cheering up they will in turn tell every single person they know what a "bizarre" thing happened to them today when they were at the end of their rope. If you can afford it try it and see what I am talking about.

OK in a few short words heres the plan. I really like the show "Random 1" on A7E. There is something about just helping domeone for no reason. So this is the pkan, make a gift basket that would cost you no more than 5 dollars or so maybe less. Tommorrow take the basket with you on your travels whether work or errands or shopping etc. Make sure your products are labeled good with your name and website etc. Now, give that basket to anyone who looks like they are having a bad day. Just pick someone. I have been trying this and I like the outcome. Who would have guessed, But I will tell you if you find a person who has list all faith and tell them that you want them to have the basket just because they look like the could use a little cheering up they will in turn tell every single person they know what a "bizarre" thing happened to them today when they were at the end of their rope. If you can afford it try it and see what I am talking about.

If you really want it to be random, and for "No reason at all"... try doing it without your biz name and label all over everything ;) It won't be a marketing strategy then..but the outcome is sometimes even better! :yes:

Ive gotta go with StaceyScentsations(DH) on this one, but for my own reason. I would NEVER give anything away for money or not without my label on it just for liability reasons. If someone needs to contact me for insurance reasons or allergies, etc. I want them to be able to. If there was a way to give them the needed information without a label I would do that, but would rather seem like I am trying to get new customers than like I am trying to avoid people who are trying to get ahold of me.

Either way, its a great idea. That has been my motto for the last month "pay it forward". :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas EVERYONE! :smiley2:

Pam in Upper Michigan

Good thinkin Pam LOL.. I guess if you were doing it as a marketing strategy, and that's what the initial idea was anyways, you might as well have your biz name and label all over it.. if you were doing it as a "pay it forward" it might be safer to just give something besides your products, just in case. "Pay it forward" is the best way IMO to get the good karma momentum going, because what goes around does indeed come around and sometimes when it gets back to you it's packin a punch!! :)

At any rate, it's a great idea Doug!

I think it is a great idea. I dont see why it has to be "without labels" to be "truly from the heart". Heck wouldn't it be kinda rude to give someone free stuff, they end up LOVING it, and then they get stuck not knowing where to get more. Seems like a tease to me.

Hey Doug have you done this yet? I am curious to know what your outcome was!

I agree with Prairie- it does seem like a wonderful marketing idea...but it really won't be doing something just out of the goodness of your heart, because as nice as it is to be giving people stuff for free to cheer them up, you'd still be hoping in your deep down business oriented heart that it'd wind up turning a profit for ya. It is a great idea, and I do believe I will look into doing such a thing, because whether or not people buy from you because of it, it is still a nice thing and no one will turn down free goodies...I know I wouldn't!!! :D

If you want to do something that promotes your product but also feels good just to give.........instead of stopping someone who is having a bad day, and going out looking for people who are having a bad day(that sounds just silly)........:undecided ..........

Put a product in your mailbox for the mailman, give a product to the coffee shop drive through person who always gets your coffee right, give a product to someone who deserves it, who makes a difference in YOUR day, and give it as a thankyou, that way you are getting your word out, and thanking them at the same time............and they'll realize you are doing it for the right reasons and probably want to buy from you in the future

• 2 years later...

I know these postings are from forever and a year ago, but I was just curious if anyone who implemented this had any results?

i was kind of doing this already, not to strangers but like after my husbands landscaping homeshow I gave all the foremen gifts bags with relaxation stuff in them for working 11 days of 15 hour days straight, poor guys. and similar things.

i was just curious if this had any sales results?