Ky vs. Ecosoya

I'm trying to decide which wax to use for votives; right now it's between Ky votive/pillar blend or Ecosoya votive/piller blend.

I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone who has used either of these waxes or has done any comparison tests.

Thanks so much.

In the very limited tests I've done, the Eco blend is drier - I liked that for pillars because it shows less fingerprinting and imperfections. KY blend looks very creamy - makes a great looking candle. I started doing pillars in paraffin so moved away from both of them, but hope this helps a little.

wrestling with that EXACT same desision myself!

The Ecosoya VB sucks, so that's out. I tried like 5 diff fo's that work great in the CB135 and almost every single one from every batch cracked, also a needed repours which still didn't yeild a nice top.

The Ecosya PB seems to be pretty good for votives, worked for me with 1 pour and they held up and throw well.

I just recieved some KY and my 1st test is setting up as I type.

I think, unless the KY blows me away, I'm going to go with the PB. I'd like to carry the same scents as containers in votives and I think i'll be able to get more consistent results with the same wax manufacturer.

My problem now is wicking. I've been testing CD's and HTP's but with the natural bendy thing they do, it leaves hang up on 1 side that may or may not catch up. Okay, so maybe this post is no help. Anyone got anything to say about the wick :confused: ?

Thanks everyone for your help . . . . I really appreciate it!

Casey: Let me know how the KY works out for you.

About the wicking with the Ecosoya PB . . . I know someone that uses 44-24-18c and they're happy with the results! I have not tested that wick, however, I use 44-24-18z (burns at 4.32) on paraffin votives and the cotton one (burns at 5.74) burns hotter, so it's like wicking up with the soy. That's the wick I'm going to test.

I think I may just order samples of both waxes - but it seems as though KY is a winner!

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks everyone for your help . . . . I really appreciate it!

Casey: Let me know how the KY works out for you.

I think I may just order samples of both waxes - but it seems as though KY is a winner!

Thanks again everyone!

Okay, it's the next day, and I have think I'm going to go with the KY! Henry K's description of the difference is dead on. The PB is kinda dry, and over time, I can imagine them getting brittle and fragile maybe. But the KY is smooth, creamy and very dense, seems like parrafin almost. A repour was necessary to perfect the tops, but I'm okay with that cuz the effort yields a positive outcome. HTH