need help in wax decission?????

ok i am new to this candle makeing but i need a little help on what is the best wax to buy and use i am going to try container candles i have read a lot about wax,but witch is the best soy,or parrfin, and what brand should i get/????i will be doing the 8 oz and 16oz jars,,any info i get would help me thank you...,

Well between soy and paraffin it is a choice you make both will make great candles. Truthfully it is all about choice and how you want you candles to burn. If you do a search you find this question has been asked over and over and thier will be dozens of answers. Everyone likes thier wax and thinks it is best or we would not be using it.

My best adviceis buy a kit or two and make a few candles then look at the burn qualities you like the best in each. Then start to look in to the differant waxes and see which has the qualities you are looking for.

I'm pretty new to this also but I will give you my 2 cents worth. I use the J223 and love it. It is a one pour wax, my candles are always nice and smooth, and scent throw seems to be good with this one. Very easy to use IMO. I also use EZsoy. I get an awesome cold/hot throw with almost all of my fo's with this one. I would say the throw almost doubles compared to the J223. This is a one pour for me too. The only downfall with this one is that I cannot get a good looking top, which I know this is characteristic of soy. And sometimes after the candle burns, it is so scaaary looking! Looks like a bowl of colored cauliflower. I also let the soy cure for 1 week and the J223 just one day. HTH!

ok i am new to this candle makeing but i need a little help on what is the best wax to buy and use i am going to try container candles i have read a lot about wax,but witch is the best soy,or parrfin, and what brand should i get/????i will be doing the 8 oz and 16oz jars,,any info i get would help me thank you...,

Hi,

It kinda depends on ones needs, likes and dislikes, what one will put up with and will not put up with. I love the paraffin blends for the ease of use, but I decided to go to soy after many failures with paraffin. The biggest problem for me was that I have curvy jars and they collect soot if there is any. Most of the paraffin (not all) were too sooty for me and the ones that were not did not have a good scent throw or burned to fast for double wicking. It was either soot, too fast of a burn for double wicking or a bad scent throw. I went to soy and love it even though it is really not that user friendly. There are things that I hate about it (frost, airpockets/sinkholes, some FO will not throw as well, etc.) but all in all I prefer it for what I need. I love the way the fragrances smell in it. The FO that do throw well I think throw better in soy than in paraffin but there are some that just will not throw as well. I think that if I only had the wide mouthed shallow jars I probably would have stuck with paraffin and never really tried soy, but that is not how it went for me. I have also been using a paraffin/soy blend (Taylored Concept's 50/50) for my small one wicked jars and may use it for the fragrances that I can't get a throw in the soy.

It is hard to say what would be the best wax for you. I would do a search and read some pros and cons on some and then order some test slabs. It always seems like what may be good for one may not be good for another. I would start ordering from a place that is the closest to you and if they have a wax that works for you that would be great -- less shipping. If not, then you can move on to other things. HTH

Have fun testing!

~Holly :)