Printing online postage at home

lindsaycb

What's the rule of thumb if I printed off a shipping usps slip two days ago, but didn't get it to the post office?

What I mean is, with ebay paid/paypal postage....do I need to cancel that one and rerun it with today's date on it?

My understanding is the date on it is only the date it was printed. Not stating the date it is shipped. Once it is scanned at the USPS, it becomes SHIPPED in the system. RIGHT?

That's funny, because the dude at the counter was like...HEY, we have a problem. and I'm like...um, NO WE don't. LOL... I mean if that's the date that I ship it, I wouldn't want to pick days ahead of time if they're going to tell me I can't ship it yet...the dates wrong, right?

I use the USPS click & ship all the time, pay for and print the postage label usually in the evening. Now the post office is closed at 10pm when I'm in my jammies printin off postage labels, (making it impossible to get the package mailed the same day the label was printed), so I schedule a pickup usually the next day. It also gives you the option of picking any day you'd like to have it picked up. Excluding Sundays and the many postal holidays of course.

Tell the Dude he's been sniffin too much postage glue. :tongue2:

I do the same thing when printing and packing at night and schedule for the next day but sometimes the mail lady doesnt have the info. Sometimes she comes to the door and sometimes it goes the next day after it was supposed to. Another thing is the usps tracking system is a joke. It will say information recieved electronically until it is delivered then it will say its been delivered. UPS will destry your crap but their tracking system rocks. It will tell you everything except the guys name thats playing kickball with your package LOL.

Your package will still get to its destination. The only possible glitch might be that the tracking # you were issued might have expired, if it wasn't submitted on the date it was supposed to be mailed.

Yeah thats what I was told too. I guess their computers only save the dc# for a limited time. If you don't mail the package within that time you loose the #. But you can still send the package.

Another thing is the usps tracking system is a joke. It will say information recieved electronically until it is delivered then it will say its been delivered.

That's actually the way it's supposed to work :wink2:. DC is not a tracking system, it is designed only to confirm that the package has been delivered. USPS is not supposed to scan the item at hand-over, only at delivery so it shouldn't show in the system till it's arrived...that's not to say that lots of PO's do scan at hand-over, just depends on the individuals.