Lining soap molds

misspam56

I always hated trying to line my wooden molds, a ugly fight would take place every time! I switched to my Woodfield's silicone lined molds and have lived happily ever after.:) More expensive, but totally worth it to me.

Sorry, I never found out the secret to smooth lining with freezer paper. Hopefully someone else can help.

If you measure carefully and fold carefully and tape securely, the paper comes out smooth as a baby's butt and so does the soap. I find freezer paper to be very easy with which to work and it causes less wrinkling than does plastic. A silicon liner is the cadillac of liners, but there are other solutions that work just as well.

It helps to make a template of the inside bottom of your mold. Cardboard will work. Make the folds for the various tutorials available folding around the bottom template. It works quickly and accurately every time.

I've also been successful using 2 separate pieces of freezer paper placed over one another to make a cross. I don't worry about the corners since my wooden molds are fairly well seasoned. Easy peasy.