How do you deal with competiton?

I feel the same way you do, I like some friendly competition. If somebody wants something I do not offer I tell them who might have what they are looking for. I recently did a show about an hour from my house, the farthest I have ever ventured for a show. I was told there would be a Scentsy person, a soy candle person, and a well known candle lady who had been coming there for years. I thought what the heck I had a lot of stuff made and it was only 60.00 for three days and several thousand people attended. There were 5 candle vendors plus me. I was a little worried at first but when people were saying how I was the only candle stand that they could smell when they walked by, my worries went away and I sold out of almost everything that weekend. The one lady was there for 9 years running which she made a point to tell me, but there was plenty of people to buy from us both. I will definitely be back there next year and will be better prepared because it was a huge success.

I also think it's pretty entertaining to hear what questions people will come up with...it's good to be entertained at those long craft fairs anyway. I'm doing my first really BIG one very soon, multiple days, oodles of people--and have very recently discovered a co. with a very similar name, similar products, very geographically close...it seems they've actually been in business longer than I have, but they only put up a website this year. SO, I have a fear that it will seem as if I copied their name, etc., when actually I've noticed some verbage on their website that's very similar to mine (which has been up for over a year). Oh well, what can you do? I think we may both be at this huge event... oh boy! :)