Premier 700 Series Wicks???

How funny that you mention this. I just got a huge sample box from them free. If you want samples just call them and ask for them. You get 7 of each size, and they have about 20 different sizes. I like having more to choose from because I very often have the issue of one size wick in the series is too small and the next size is too large. They provide a reference chart for helping you find the right size too.

I've started testing already.

I've been struggling to find tealight wicks and right away I found the correct one, finally. I'm really looking forward to testing more. So far I really like them.

I have been testing their 700 series wicks as well. I really love them. I do not use the square masons but I do use 8oz jj and usually go with a 765 and I do not color. I think you may have to wick up to a 767 if you color and use heavier oils. I also have been testing my votives as well. I have gotten better scent throws in my votives with their wicks. I am going to order some large quantities after xmas.

For Strahl and Pitch cb I used the WI 700. And for Ecosoya (wanted to find a use for my old wax) I found that WI 705 is great. I have tried all the LX, Eco, TL, HTP, that are supposed to work, and even some of the cheapy Michaels wicks out of desperation. Nothing worked as well as these. I am hoping I get as good results with some of my other hard to wick candles.

What have you found to work best for the votives?

Testing the 6 oz tin today and tried the Premier 770 in it. Burned for 3 hrs last night and it only had slight wax left around the edge with a thin mushroom. Using a blend of Icy Peppermint KY and Candy Cane from BG with liquid red. The flame is large but no soot rising from it, with a 1 3/4" melt area after 1 hr. We'll see how it does with this second burn as far as catching up and cleaning the sides completely.

This scent was giving me a black soot with the CD14 yet the melt pool was not too deep and a huge fat mushroom.

Going to try a 775 in the Sq Mason will let you know how it does. The 765 was too small...

edited .. to change the size tin from 8oz to 6oz......

Update on the 6oz tin and the 770 Premier wick. Second burn, 4 hrs. Large mushroom, melted all the way to the sides with a 3/4" deep melt pool. Still not too hot to pick-up. The amount of wax that has been used is about 1/2". Putting it out and will burn again later or when I have time. hth

For my votives I have been using primarily the 740 some 745 but I do not dye my soy candles. As far as using the 770 in the tin, what is the diameter of the tin? I have found with my 8oz jj that I have hang up on the first burn but it is usually gone the 2nd burn and by the 3rd burn no hangup. I tend to wick to big initially and I have to get over that. I find that if I wick to large I get big 'shrooms.

Hi Goosebay,

What kind of wax are you pouring? I've read this thread but found just one mention of Soy and I'm trying to compare notes with the GW449 blend.

I've wicked several 7 oz. & 12 oz. Metro/Status jars with the 700 wicks - all different sizes. After they've set up I'll burn and post results.

Thanks,

Linda

Hello,

I'm new to the forum (this is actually my first post) and I wanted to thank Jeana for the information about wick samples from Wickit. My local distributor of candlemaking supplies has quit selling in their store and I'm looking for a new distributor. I just visited their website and requested a sample of wicks. I can't wait for them to arrive so I can start testing :D .

Thanks again Jeana for the information.

Your friend in candlemaking,

Ann

Thanks and hi, Wickman from Wickit.. I burned the 6 oz tin/770/GF135 soy wax again, 5 hrs, deep melt pool and large mushroom, cleans the sides great but little too hot. Going to try the next smaller one down.

Got orders waiting to be made but I want to test some more. Need a longer time off to play with all the new stuff out.

I'm hoping someone can give me some advise. I've been testing the 700 wicks which I really like - and Wickman was so nice to send such a nice assortment:D I really want them to work for mre. However, I've tested amost every size recommended for the 3-4" container and am getting large mushrooms and lot's of hang-up on the sides - even with the 798. I'm pouring GW449 Soy Container Blend - container is 12.5 oz.Metro/Status Jar. Fragrance load is 9% and I've tested 4 differenct fragrances. These are good quality FO from French Fragrance but I've needed to go to 9% to get the throw that I'm happy with. No dyes.

I've burned all testers 3 times and still have hang up.

I've also tested the wicks for the 7.5 oz Metro/Status jar, no mushrooms, but still too much hang up. Same FO load, etc.

I've read that maybe the wax is too hard but yet I've also read that maybe the wax is too rich :confused: . I can live with the mushrooms but the hang up is a problem. Thanks for 'listening'. Linda

Thank you for all the request for the PREMIER 700 Series wicks. We have sent all of the request out and you should be receiving them shortly. We look forward to hearing about your results.:D

Thank you very much. I got mine today, and can't wait to test them. Geez, I was only expecting a few...lol I got a few alright...not complaining, just didn't realize I was going to be receiving so many. :D I'll be busy for quite a while. Thanks again.

I'm hoping someone can give me some advise. I've been testing the 700 wicks which I really like - and Wickman was so nice to send such a nice assortment:D I really want them to work for mre. However, I've tested amost every size recommended for the 3-4" container and am getting large mushrooms and lot's of hang-up on the sides - even with the 798. I'm pouring GW449 Soy Container Blend - container is 12.5 oz.Metro/Status Jar. Fragrance load is 9% and I've tested 4 differenct fragrances. These are good quality FO from French Fragrance but I've needed to go to 9% to get the throw that I'm happy with. No dyes.

I've burned all testers 3 times and still have hang up.

I've also tested the wicks for the 7.5 oz Metro/Status jar, no mushrooms, but still too much hang up. Same FO load, etc.

I've read that maybe the wax is too hard but yet I've also read that maybe the wax is too rich :confused: . I can live with the mushrooms but the hang up is a problem. Thanks for 'listening'. Linda

How long are you burning them? I used a 784 in a 3" diameter tumbler and I had no hang up at all. Of course, the wick was also way too big! :wink2: I also used the GW444 for that jar, but I haven't noticed too big of a wick difference when wicking the 444 & 449.

Hey - Thanks for the feeback. I burned them in 3-4 hour sessions. I'm burning the ones with the best results as we speak - they're going on 3.5 hrs.and still have the residue/hang-up. So tonight I'll be wicking up one size on the 7 oz (to a 770) and don't know what to do about the best of the 12 oz since I used the 798 which is the biggest.

I'm also going to add some some pure soy and test the best of all the sizes over again. :tongue2:

I like the 449 throw much better than the 444. Even retested the C-3 last night and the throw was almost non existant (after 24 hr. set up)

Linda