Colored pretty tarts??

Hi everyone! I'm completely new here. And I hope you all don't mind me joining and asking silly newbie questions. I'm new to candle making/ tart making.

I keep seeing these tarts that have been from a silicone mold. Let's say a candy cane just for an example. How are they coloring these candy canes red and white and green? Are they painting them???

LoL!! Sorry, It's been driving me nuts. I have been all over google trying to figure it out and have gotten zilch.

So are they painted or what??

I don't know about the first picture, but the second picture...only the pumpkins on the left and the middle are made from wax. The pumpkins on the right is the item they made the mold from. It's plastic or ceramic/resin of some kind. The wax ones are all one color.:tiptoe:

Thanks for the response. It has been driving me nuts! I love all these silicone molds they make and want to buy some. And I was wondering how they were all different colors.

So is it possible or even safe to paint on soy wax? If so what sorts of paint would you use.

The finished, orange pumpkins are made with orange dyed wax and the faces were painted on.

The monkey mold is made with two waxes. First, the tan colored wax is poured into the mold to fill the mouth and eye area cavity. That wax cools. Then brown dyed wax is poured in until the point the ears start. The brown was cools. Then a drop of wax is poured into the two ear cavities in tan colored wax, cool. Finally, finish pouring the rest of the mold with brown wax. The eye accents are most likely painted on.

The finished, orange pumpkins are made with orange dyed wax and the faces were painted on.

The monkey mold is made with two waxes. First, the tan colored wax is poured into the mold to fill the mouth and eye area cavity. That wax cools. Then brown dyed wax is poured in until the point the ears start. The brown was cools. Then a drop of wax is poured into the two ear cavities in tan colored wax, cool. Finally, finish pouring the rest of the mold with brown wax. The eye accents are most likely painted on.

I do love the way they look!! It just seems to me like it would be so much easier to paint the little details instead of mixing all those different colors of wax. I would surely screw something up!! lol