My Fall Fair Pictures & Video

jackbenimble

I have Christmas stuff out for sale by September but continue my fall theme until after Thanksgiving. Then switch to Christmas decor. However, I do some "Christmas" themed shows so I make sure I have plenty of Christmas products and decor on hand.

Oh, I have all my Christmas and fall candles, melts, etc already made and had them at this last show. I only sold about 5 seasonal candles and a few more spring scents so I am still stocked up for this next one. I was mainly speaking about decor and have some good ideas I think using my green accent color and a few lights.

I also want to have a couple of custom Christmas themed baskets that people can get. Lots to think about and do. :-)

I love the clean, neat look of your booth and I agree with another poster that you have a great smile and would look great in a green shirt to match the green in the sign. I do think a bit more color would help tho. I was at an indoor show where a vendor had colored balloons that matched their products attached to both sides of their table and it was the first thing I noticed when I walked into the show. I'm going to try it at the next show and see how it goes. Below is a picture of a very small show I did this weekend with a few Halloween props. I'm certainly not suggesting that you neon out your booth but the added colors do seem to attract attention and I always put out a little dish of candy, I noticed people love to stop by and pick up a free treat, then you get a chance to talk to them.

post-4600-139458486708_thumb.jpg

Question- If the show does not say Christmas or Holiday in the title do you think it would be weird to decorate my booth in a Christmas theme or style?

It's Nov 12th so it may be a tad early for Xmas stuff.

NNOOOOOO! Christmas stuff can be brought out as early as Oct!! Sept is a little too early for me personally. But most vendors will be Christmas friendly. Also you mentioned lighting a candle- I have not seen one show that allows any open flames. We like to set some sachets towards the front so the scent finds people when they are a few booths away.

An idea for you is white lights, I know you are trying to keep a clean look, but lights are festive looking and a nice white would be beautiful.

Your product is very visually appealing. Your booth was consistent with the white & black, but I agree, seasonal decorations would be great. When I did fall shows I had frosted pumpkins, and ghourds and a live mum. For Xmas I had a pointsettia and a few pretty plastic Christmas ornaments or small wrapped presents, that were large enough to fill space, but plastic so when someone knocked it over, it didn't break. I also had gift baskets made for teachers/receptionists under $15 and they sold like crazy. Good luck, you have a nice looking product.

The baker's racks I found were at Ben Franklin Crafts but I have seen them on the internet and at Hobby Lobby. Make sure to get folding ones so you can carry them easier. Oh, and I have seen wooden folding shelves at Office Depot.

Edited by beekeeper_sd